News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

ACL question

Started by peterg, 04.01.2015 12:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

Hi,

I have to create a scheme where users can view and enter a directory tree.

Root
--- Home1
    ---SubHome1
    ---SubHome2
    ---SubHome3
--- Home2
    ---SubHome2
    ---SubHome2
    ---SubHome2

So
We have users : manager, user1 and user2
We have directory: Root and 2 subdirectories Home1 and Home2

Goal is to have

Manager must have view and upload access on Root, Home 1 and Home2 and all the subdirectories of Home1 and Home2
user1 must have view and upload access on Root and Home1 and all the subdirectories of Home1
user2 must have  view and upload access on Root and Home2 and all the subdirectories of Home2

when Manager logs in he enters the root dir and sees directories Home1 and Home2 and the files under root
when User1 logs in he enters the root dir and only sees directory Home1 and the files under root
when User2 logs in he enters the root dir and only sees  directory Home2 and the files under root

What I"d like to know:

How do I setup Usergroups and Viewing Access in Joomla User Manager
How do I setup JD Categories (Access - Permissions)
How do I setup JD User Group Permissions

I tried following the documentation but somehow I can't get it to work. I can setup Manager permissions, but when I enter the User1 permissions, my manager settings don't work anymore.

Thnx,

Peter
  •  

Arno

Hi Peter,
i think Colin can you give a better description. He has also written the documentation text to this theme.

But i think you must create for User 1 and User 2 new Viewing Access Levels.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

peterg

This is what I have

group1  - user1
group2 - user2

acl1 - group1
acl2 - group2

I also have a user 'manager' but I don't know if I have to create his own group, or add it to group1 AND group2

I wait for the answer of Colin.

I can make a login if you like. Tell me where to send the login/pw to.

P.
  •  

ColinM

Peter
I have just finished an extensive modification to the article here:  http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/controlled-access-to-categories-and-downloads

It now has several examples.

Their might also be a misunderstanding in my use of ACL by which I mean Permissions as I was 'bought up' with that concept. But I see you have interpreted it as Access Level, which given the A and the L in ACL is not unreasonable - so apologies, I will eliminate ACL and be a bit clearer.

If the above article has not cleared things up then please send me a personal message with admin login details
Colin M
  •  

peterg

Thnx Colin, I'll let you know. I'm gonna test this this afternoon.

P.
  •  

ColinM

Peter,
Think the problem is at least in part site specific.  I have set up structure that should work but site problems need resolving first.

Essentially when folders and files are created then they are not being created with the operating system permissions (nothing to do with Joomla! permissions).  If I upload a file manually a download is created but it is inaccessible from front end.  Also not possible to create from front end (did not try super user, just 'regular' users)
The set of images below show directory permissions from your site and from my own test site.   Will also send you a PM.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Peter
Pretty sure we have solved problem - I have a file for you to upload as detailed below. 
It is fixed in jD3.2.25  but relevant php file, jdcategoryselecteditfe.php  , is in the attached jdcategoryselecteditfe.zip so first extract from the zip.

The relevant location is   /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/models/fields/

Suggest you rename existing file to say jdcategoryselecteditfeOLD.php just in case of a bad tranmission.

Please then upload the new version  either by your cPanel upload or ftp

I have tested on my site AOK.  Let me know when updated and I will check out but you should find it OK  (But may be I left a couple in bad state - will check)

Colin

Colin M
  •  

peterg

Upload done. Will check asap
  •  

ColinM

@peterg
have attached a pdf which outlines the required set up.  It is the basis of an article covering this sort of set up

Please try this out and advise result.  I have a complete setup on my test site.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quotehave attached a pdf which outlines the required set
Good stuff!  8)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@Peterg
The attached zip, download.zip, contains a file download.php Please extract this file and, after saving/renaming existing version, load it into
/components/com_jdownloads/controllers/

This should fix the create challenge.  Please advise
Colin

Colin M
  •  

peterg

New file uploaded, saving in frontend works now. Did you test deleting the uploaded  file from frontend ?

This didn't work for me.

Peter
  •  

ColinM

Peter
If you have Edit Permissions you should be able to delete the uploaded file (red cross near file name)  and any images (untick).

If you want to delete the whole download then you need to have Delete Permission for the user group.  Basically set Delete Permission to Allowed in the Top level categories.  You will then see three buttons (Save, Cancel, Delete)on the Edit form rather than just two (Save, Cancel) if you do not have Delete Permission.

Note also in the Configuration - Downloads Tab there are two options that also need stting if you want to delete everything

Colin
Colin M
  •  

peterg

Colin,

I see the 'delete' button so i think I'v got the rights setup correct.

It's after I press the delete button the error appears.

I changed all JDownloads directory rights to 777 to be sure and even then the delete doesn't work.

In attach 2 screenshots.

Peter

•  

ColinM

Peter
I will look on your site.  But at the moment jDownloads admin seems locked up ???  But front end OK  Did see from front end the same message as you got.  Was going to cross check config settings.
Colin
Colin M
  •