News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

'Start Import' hanging

Started by Fredie, 11.12.2014 04:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredie

On my localhost development system, I'm trying to get com_jdownloads_3.2.18_beta_j32 installed, but I can't get passed the 'Start Import' step. I did a backup of the old system, and then removed the old system prior to starting the install of the 3.2.18 version. Everything works okay (no errors) until I select the 'Start Import'. The system then hangs with a blank screen.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
have you read before the update instructions in the documentation?
What is your old jD version?
How much categories and downloads must be imported?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Fredie

Yes, I've read and followed the instruction for upgrading which is why I'm trying it on my localhost development system first. The upgrade is from jDownloads 1.9.2.11 Beta to 3.2. The download archive contains currently 1663 downloads in 43 categories.
  •  

Arno

Get you the blank screen directly when you have clicked on the import link?
Please activate for a test the debug option in joomla global config and try it then again. Post then the error message here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Fredie

To provide the requested information, I had to do a clean backup restoration, then everything installed as described in the instruction. Now that I have v 3.2 working on my localhost system, I'll give it a try on my production. Thank you for your assistance.
  •