News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Content Plug-In Capabilities Update

Started by Smooth1SITF, 06.11.2014 13:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth1SITF

For this new version, when is the content plugin capabilities going to to available again? I have several pages on my site now not working because the {jd_file file==#ID} is not working anymore since the update?

Please let us know ASAP when this will be fixed.

This should have been a automatic addition to the new upgraded version. Also, if this was intended to be kept as a plug-in, it should have came out at the same time.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for the late reply.

Please note that the new jDownloads series is still a beta version. The content plugin is in work but not ready.
For the moment exist only a editor button plugin to insert a pure download link in content. This is a part from the jD installation package.

When the content plugin is ready, it will be auto installed by the jD installation package. We hope that we can do this next week.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Smooth1SITF

Thank you.... Yes, I really need it bad caused I have a page of downloads that broken because the {jd_file file==XXX} option doesn't work ;-(

I like the new version but I have found another bug that I will post a new thread on.

Please let me know when the update is ready, I am in dire need of it.
  •  

Smooth1SITF

Downloaded and installed today's new Beta release. This issue appears to have not been fixed. I'm still getting the {jd_file file==xxx} on all my pages I have specific files identified on.

Is this something that was not updated on this release? Or does it appear to be a error somewhere?

Not trying to pressure you and all but, its embarrassing that I have all of these broken links on the site. I wish I knew it wasn't working on the new version then I would not have installed it. I'm just focused on this issue on my site right now and getting it fix.

I may only have a few posts here but I have used jDownloads for a while now. Its a great product! Thanks for your hard work and I look forward to seeing this working again.
  •  

Macjoomla

Sorry,Smoothie, just some thoughts about your post

Quote from: Smooth1SITF on 13.11.2014 15:35:10
Downloaded and installed today's new Beta release. This issue appears to have not been fixed. I'm still getting the {jd_file file==xxx} on all my pages I have specific files identified on.
This is not an issue, this is a Beta release and today is not next week?

Quote from: Smooth1SITF on 13.11.2014 15:35:10
Is this something that was not updated on this release? Or does it appear to be a error somewhere?
Did you read: "Update 2014-11-12 Version 3.2.16 Beta published:"? Is there something mentioned about including this plugin now? If not, may be it is not?

Quote from: Smooth1SITF on 13.11.2014 15:35:10Not trying to pressure you and all but, its embarrassing that I have all of these broken links on the site. I wish I knew it wasn't working on the new version then I would not have installed it. I'm just focused on this issue on my site right now and getting it fix.
What about reading important release notes and changelogs?

Quote from: Smooth1SITF on 13.11.2014 15:35:10I may only have a few posts here but I have used jDownloads for a while now. Its a great product! Thanks for your hard work
In this point i do agree!

Quote from: Smooth1SITF on 13.11.2014 15:35:10and I look forward to seeing this working again.
For me it is working fine.

Best regards, Macjoomla
  •  

Arno

I have resumed today the (interupted) work on the content plugin.   ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Smooth1SITF

Well Mcjoomla, since you want to be a smart ass instead of helping... ill answer your stupid reply:

He said "Hopefully by next week"... With the new update, I figured it might have been fixed.

Yes, I read the update - If you look at the release notes, it was something that was going to be included in the component package, maybe you need to read further.

Yes, I read the release notes and the change logs, which yet confusing, is not clear about the content plug-in. I spent several hours reading it and making the adjustments.

I'm glad its working fine for you, but its not for me because some of the features were stripped from the new version, which wasn't clear on the changeover logs. Apparently your not using some of the advanced features which shows your lack of knowledge on the product. Especially as a newbie and with only 17 posts, you should not even be responding to posts on here trying to give a solution. Go jump in the lake.

Best regards, jerk
  •  

Smooth1SITF

Quote from: Arno on 13.11.2014 16:16:15
I have resumed today the (interrupted) work on the content plugin.   ;)

Arno, thank you very much... I appreciate it.
  •  

Antar

•  

Arno

Hi,
the plugin must be reworked to 80 percent but i think we can run with first tests this weekend.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ASV

Thanks for the great support! Will the release of the Content PlugIn be simultaneous for 2.5 and 3.2 version or are there differences?
  •  

Arno

When we have ready a first content plugin version, it shall be a part from a jDownloads installation package.
I hope for the next beta version (for both Joomla versions).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Smooth1SITF

Quote from: Arno on 20.11.2014 12:24:44
Hi,
the plugin must be reworked to 80 percent but i think we can run with first tests this weekend.  ;)

Im willing to test it if you want... My site not working well without it anyways so I would love to test it
  •  

Arno

I will send it you when it is ready for tests.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Smooth1SITF

•