News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

what Am I missing ?

Started by water, 03.11.2014 03:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

water

sorry this question may be stupid and probably the answer could be right on my eyes but it being driving me crazy. I just update my jd to 3.2.15 from 3.2.14 but I had my site offline because its not ready yet to be publish. so every time i was testing it I was logged in. but today after updating jd to new beta .15 i pulled the site offline and was testing it as a guest and jd is asking to login or register to be able to download the file. I set up the permission on jd control panel Option button to allow for public user. but still asking me to login or register. what am I missing here? Yeah was being looking at the documentations at http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/setting-up-restricted-access-with-multiple-user-groups?category_id=29 but I think I did everything as it say here. Maybe I am missing something can somebody tell me how to allow public user to download files

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi water,
the posted image is from the global jDownloads permission setting. But this can be changed for every category (or 'Download').

You can check this for every item when you does this:
- activate in Joomla the debug option
- go to the backends User Groups
- click on the 'debug' button for the group which you want to check
- select then the component jDownloads (see pics)

Forget not afterwards to deactivate again the debug option.
(the posted images are only an example)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

water

Thank you Arno. I tried to follow your step but it was a little different because you are using Joomla 2.5 I have joomla 3.xx. It look like permission but public is not allowed how can I allowed it. Here are some pictures of what I did

•  

Arno

Yes this is what you should do. So you see now which items have wrong permissions.
Go to the items (categories), change the permissions and save it. This solved your problem.

Please note that in the version before 3.2.15 the permissions was not inherited.
Quote from changelog:
Quote- permissions are now inherited (for new categories and downloads) from the parent category or, for top level categories, from the component default permissions
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Yes at this time existing categories and downloads will have taken their permissions from the default permissions set for the jDownloads component. They need individual setting.

In addition you may not have theView Access Level set for Public.  You can change those on the categories by  selecting which categories you want to change the Access Level and using the Batch mode.

The article you referred to does need an update to clarify the situation with existing categories and downloads - this will be done asap.  Basically prior to jD2.5.15 and jD 3.2.15 the permisions were not cascaded. New ones are cascaded with permissions from their parent. But this cascading is not yet applied when categories or downloads are created through automonitoring.  Arno has this in hand.
Colin M
  •  

water

Thank you guys. So in other word I have to set permission for each individual files inside category? or is there an easy way to just allow every files inside it category to be allowed/etc ?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
At today that is the situation but there will be a tool that will set all the way down the category chain.  Anticipate it will be in 3.2.17 as 3.2.16 is presently being 'put to bed' - the principle items fixed in 3.2.16 are related to category/download sort ordering which has proved to be a little tiresome to resolve.  Also we need to get permissions fixed when auto-monitoring is used.  The code for sorting permissions when creating categories and downloads through the auto-monitoring and a tool to cascade permissions down a category chain have much in common.  The auto-monitoring might be in 3.2.16 if it passes initial testing but we will see in a day or so.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Nielsp

Quote from: ColinM on 06.11.2014 16:14:44
Hi
At today that is the situation but there will be a tool that will set all the way down the category chain.  Anticipate it will be in 3.2.17 as 3.2.16 is presently being 'put to bed' - the principle items fixed in 3.2.16 are related to category/download sort ordering which has proved to be a little tiresome to resolve.  Also we need to get permissions fixed when auto-monitoring is used.  The code for sorting permissions when creating categories and downloads through the auto-monitoring and a tool to cascade permissions down a category chain have much in common.  The auto-monitoring might be in 3.2.16 if it passes initial testing but we will see in a day or so.

Colin

Hi

I have updated from 1.9 to 3.2.16beta and now face the same problem with useraccess for download.
Do I have to edit all my folders/files(20 folders and +300 files) and "Set permisions" to each one to get it to work or is this tool in 3.2.16beta(can't find it)?

Keep up the good work!
  •  

Arno

QuoteI have updated from 1.9 to 3.2.16beta and now face the same problem with useraccess for download.
Had you checked (and corrected) before the default permissions for jDownloads about the 'options' button in the toolbar?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •