News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Access permission problems

Started by amir777, 01.11.2014 17:43:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

hawker

yes, i have read it, but the problem is:

When i created a download by uploading in the browser, jdownalod set the permission right (Download enabeld), but when i upload a file via ftp and jdownload created the download automatically, he set the wrong permission (Download disabeld).

Permission are inherited, except in the  global configuration, there are downloads enabeld.
  •  

Arno

Hi Hawker,
please note that in the auto monitoring function is the 'inherit' permission functionality is not complete ready.  :-\
But this should be fixed with next release 3.2.16 very soon (next days). The same for 'batch' actions in the backend items list.   :)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

hawker

•  

amir777

Hi,

I am glad to see this topic has generated quite a bit of interest.

The interesting thing is that while I have set ALLOWED download for Public in Global setting, the permission set for individual downloads in Edit mode is showing Not ALLOWED. How could this be happening? In other words, it is not adhering to global setting.

Another problem I have is that the message 'Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category.' appears on the listing page before the user has even clicked on download button or attempted to see the detailed page (For your information, all categories and downloads set to Public). The listing page has to look normal for public users, and the message has to appear after the user has attempted to download; how can we rectify this issue?

Regards,
Amir
  •  

ColinM

Amir
In jD 3.2.15 (& jD 2.5.15) the cascading of privileges from parent to child only works for new categories and downloads, so existing ones could be different.  You need to set these manually.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

water

Quote from: amir777 on 07.11.2014 20:42:00
Hi,

I am glad to see this topic has generated quite a bit of interest.

The interesting thing is that while I have set ALLOWED download for Public in Global setting, the permission set for individual downloads in Edit mode is showing Not ALLOWED. How could this be happening? In other words, it is not adhering to global setting.

Another problem I have is that the message 'Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category.' appears on the listing page before the user has even clicked on download button or attempted to see the detailed page (For your information, all categories and downloads set to Public). The listing page has to look normal for public users, and the message has to appear after the user has attempted to download; how can we rectify this issue?

Regards,
Amir
I have exactly the same problem but more interesting I noted that if I try to change permission from inherited to allowed for existing categories I get and error message. see pictures. Further more I wanted to test something that colin said
QuoteAt the present time you have to do it manually with old categories and downloads.  New categories and downloads do 'cascade' permissions.
So I created a 2 new categories test category I created set the permission to allowed and saved it. Second test category 2 I created but did not touch any permission. ftp two mp3 on each directory auto monitoring is set to yes. but when I try to download these file still only for registered user. so the only way is to set individual permission to each mp3 file to allowed.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi water,
Quoteo I created a 2 new categories test category I created set the permission to allowed and saved it.
When you create a new item (category or download) you MUST first save the category to see the inherited permissions. This is very important.
The next beta version will view a special hint about this!

I check in the moment your backend...

Edit:
- please send me login data for your DB via PM
- when i create now (with the latest version 3.2.15) a new download, he inherited the 'download' rules from the category without any problems.
So we must only change the old downloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi water,
i have fixed it now in your db with a query like this:

UPDATE `xxx_assets`
SET rules = '{"core.create":[],"core.delete":[],"core.edit":[],"core.edit.state":[],"core.edit.own":[],"download":{"1":1}}'
WHERE `name` LIKE '%jdownloads.download%'

The first value in: download":{"1":1} is the ID from your public user group and the second value activate this action.
Please note:
- your website is very, very slow for a 'download' area.  :-\
- you must change some php settings (see pic)
- you must also set higher the memory_limit !!
- USE NOT AUTO MONITORING OR 'BATCH OPERATIONS' UNTIL YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE NEXT BETA 3.2.16!!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i have corrected your jD layouts for your dark template. I hope this is okay.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

water

Quote from: Arno on 09.11.2014 11:11:04
Hi water,
i have fixed it now in your db with a query like this:

UPDATE `xxx_assets`
SET rules = '{"core.create":[],"core.delete":[],"core.edit":[],"core.edit.state":[],"core.edit.own":[],"download":{"1":1}}'
WHERE `name` LIKE '%jdownloads.download%'

The first value in: download":{"1":1} is the ID from your public user group and the second value activate this action.
Please note:
- your website is very, very slow for a 'download' area.  :-\
- you must change some php settings (see pic)
- you must also set higher the memory_limit !!
- USE NOT AUTO MONITORING OR 'BATCH OPERATIONS' UNTIL YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE NEXT BETA 3.2.16!!

Thank you so much Arno. It look great now thank you. How can I make those change on my php setting? is that something i change through my hosting server setting or a php file within joomla ? Also maximun input time for upload and execution what this should be at ?
  •  

water

Quote from: Arno on 09.11.2014 16:53:47
Hi,
i have corrected your jD layouts for your dark template. I hope this is okay.  ;)
Thank you it look better now
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteHow can I make those change on my php setting?
You should contact your hoster to get this informations.
But maybe can help also this:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-can-i-upload-bigger-files
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •