News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Access permission problems

Started by amir777, 01.11.2014 17:43:43

Previous topic - Next topic

amir777

Hi,

I have set all Categories and Downloads to Public. Also, I have given Public group tons of limits for activities (see image 1). The same goes for Global config. for Public set to Download ALLOWED (image 2). Still when I enter any of the categories, I get the message that 'you need to login to be able to download'; why is this happening?

Regards,
Amir

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Couple of points Please see note about not setting user limits for public group. see pic attached
Also what have you set in Access level?

Colin

Colin M
  •  

water

hello I think amir777 is having the same problem I'm having. Sorry I did not see this thread before I started my. http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7500.0 Maybe this will help amir777 also
  •  

rghvdberg

i have no download limits (all values are 0)
i have enabled Edit Own and Download for the Public, but still only registered users can download
  •  

Arno

Quote from: rghvdberg on 04.11.2014 17:25:26
i have no download limits (all values are 0)
i have enabled Edit Own and Download for the Public, but still only registered users can download
See the images here and check this on your site.
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7500.msg29208#msg29208
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

rghvdberg

I got this

•  

Arno

See your third image. You have not defined any default settings for the jD component (first row).
See the example below.

Can it be that you have not read the hints about this in the documentation?  :-\

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

rghvdberg

I did a fresh install of jDownloads.
Screenshot 1 - Set the permissions in the global configuration-> Public -> Download enabled
Screenshot 2 - Edit category (called Sinterklaas): It seems although it is set to Public, Download is disabled  :-\
Screenshot 3 - Edit category again, set Download enabled
Screenshot 4 - Add download in the category Sinterklaas, now I assume Download is enabled but again it is disabled ?!?

Is this the supposed behaviour ? Enable download for every file ?

•  

Arno

Have you use the last version 3.2.15?
When you create a new download (or category) you must first save it before you can see the permission settings.
Have you do it in your case?

I will check it here again in the next hours... i hope we have not added a new bug in the last release.

QuoteIs this the supposed behaviour ? Enable download for every file ?
No.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

rghvdberg

QuoteWhen you create a new download (or category) you must first save it before you can see the permission settings.
That is what I've been doing wrong  ::)
It's working fine now, thanks a lot !
  •  

Arno

Okay. Thanks for the result. It seems that we must change here a little bit to reduce wrong handling.  ::)
Fact is that jDownloads can first then save the correct (inherited) permissions, when it is clear which item is the parent item (category or component).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

water

sorry I tried to follow up the screenshot here since I don't understand the language on the pictures but it look like i have everything set up correctly. Except my download permission for a files still not allowed. If i manually allowed it for that particular file then it work but this mean I will have to do this for over 1500 files. is there a default or global setting to allowed each file to be public download
  •  

Arno

Hi water,
are the early sended login data for your site valid? When not send me new data via PM.
I will check what here is wrong a second time.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

hawker

Quote from: rghvdberg on 05.11.2014 11:20:09
I did a fresh install of jDownloads.
Screenshot 1 - Set the permissions in the global configuration-> Public -> Download enabled
Screenshot 2 - Edit category (called Sinterklaas): It seems although it is set to Public, Download is disabled  :-\
Screenshot 3 - Edit category again, set Download enabled
Screenshot 4 - Add download in the category Sinterklaas, now I assume Download is enabled but again it is disabled ?!?

Is this the supposed behaviour ? Enable download for every file ?

I have the same problem. I use version 3.2.15.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
At the present time you have to do it manually with old categories and downloads.  New categories and downloads do 'cascade' permissions.  Shortly there will be some tools that will set the permissions for a category and all its children. Note that the default permissions for the component are typically Not Allowed for Public.

Colin
Colin M
  •