News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

MySQL error after update to Joomla 3.3.6

Started by water, 10.10.2014 06:15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

Quote from: water on 17.10.2014 07:11:35
I noted if i unpublished the file inside any category jd look like its working and when i activate the file problem start to happen this is driving me crazy. jejeje
This is the point why i think that you have an invalid plugin installed. This does the work only when a download is published.
Or you have changed something in a file from jDownloads?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Walter,
You probably know this already but just to help if you go to Extension Manager - Manage and set the Search to jd then you will see what you have - see example in attached pic.
If you have any other jD extensions other than those listed and most importantly they do not nave the same Version Number, then I suggest you disable them to see if the problem goes away.  Also if you have installed a jDownloads extension from another supplier it is unlikely that it is yet compatible with the new releases.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

water

Arno
QuoteOr you have changed something in a file from jDownloads?
No I even uninstalled JD and re installed then restore backup data for JD but no change to any jd files at all.

ColinM
QuoteAlso if you have installed a jDownloads extension from another supplier it is unlikely that it is yet compatible with the new releases.
No nothing installed from any other suppliers.  I can give you access if you want and have a chance to look at my site.  Searched for jd extension and everything look fine I attached a pic.

•  

Arno

Hi,
after i have restored the jD backup file, i have see that the downloads in a category has not any links to the details view.
But the corresponding option is not deactivated... hm...
Edit: my mistake, it is deactivated.  ;)

I think the best is to send me a ftp access via PM or e-mail. Then i can download the Joomla installation withg all extensions and test it here extensive and with a debugger.  ;)  
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

water

Arno I sent you ftp information via email. Let me know if you need anything else
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks. I will test it here in the next hours.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i think i have found and fixed the bug.
It is in the SEOSimple system plugin. See first pic.  >:(

So it was exactly what we have written before. We had told you that you should deactivate any (additional) plugin to test the result.
Sad to say that you have not done this. So i have now need some hours to find this bug in an extension from a other developer...

But i understand not what you have done with the jD configuration?
You have on your server two jD upload folders:
- downloads
- jdownloads

In the configuration backup which have you sended, the folder /***/***/sajomacity.com/new/jdownloads was defined.
But this folder seems not to be writable?
See second pic.

Edit:
anything seems not correct with your Joomla settings. When you click in the backend on 'System/System Information/Directory Permissions', you will see that some folders have wrong permission settings (not writable). See last pic. So it seems for me that the absolute path is not correct set.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

water

QuoteIt is in the SEOSimple system plugin. See first pic.  Angry
I don't know how I missed this one. I had remove everything I installed which is very few thing. I don't remember instal SEOSimple.. is this something new that come with joomla 3.x ? or maybe Granty Framework install it in the package? Im sure I did not installed any SEO in my site.

QuoteSo it was exactly what we have written before. We had told you that you should deactivate any (additional) plugin to test the result.
Sad to say that you have not done this. So i have now need some hours to find this bug in an extension from a other developer...
Sorry for missing this part and for making you do Extra work I appreciate your help and def will Re-donate again to you and your team because your support its great.

QuoteBut i understand not what you have done with the jD configuration?
You have on your server two jD upload folders:
- downloads
- jdownloads

Hmmm no sure if it has to do with previous jd configuration. Ok i try to explain maybe you understand. when i have joomla 1.5 I have a main download directory. name was downloads. i backup this directory and create a new directory and install joomla 3.x inside this new directory and make it main web site. I moved downloads directory into new joomla directory and in JD i tried to set downloads folder main path for all my files but i was having error. Remember before I posted something about space and my file name was changing from having space to not having space. So i though maybe because i configure jd to look for downloads as main path was causing this problem. I reconfigured jd to look for file in original path jdownloads. maybe this is why you see downloads and jdownloads. but i moved everything from downloads directory to jdownloads directory so downloads is no need.

I don't know if you understand what i said but I believe this is why the configuration have -downloads and jdownloads.

Quoteanything seems not correct with your Joomla settings. When you click in the backend on 'System/System Information/Directory Permissions', you will see that some folders have wrong permission settings (not writable). See last pic. So it seems for me that the absolute path is not correct set.

I am not sure about this. Can this be a problem because i have joomla installed in a subdirectory ? and any idea how i can fix permission ? can i fix this via FTP
  •  

water

It look like is working with the test category that is already published. Now another problem. when I try to publish my other unpublished categories. I get error. Error
Categories folder not found, so it is not possible to publish this category: Bachata.

Also i Unpublished test category and tried to publish it again and also giving me same error.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you fixed the write permission on the jdownloads folder? There will be problems until that is sorted.  And yes you can set the file and folder permissions with ftp.  I  use FileZilla.  If your server runs under CPanel you can also change file and folder permissions directly.
I run most of my test sites in a sub directory with no problem.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Water
I think it is established now that this is not a jD bug - so I have moved it to General

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: water on 19.10.2014 05:03:39
It look like is working with the test category that is already published. Now another problem. when I try to publish my other unpublished categories. I get error. Error
Categories folder not found, so it is not possible to publish this category: Bachata.

Also i Unpublished test category and tried to publish it again and also giving me same error.
This is correct, as you have not the correct path stored in the jD configuration for the jD upload root folder. See first pic.
I have this also posted early above.

A second problem is, that you have also lose all permission settings. I think that this is a result from a not complete backup restoration. Pleae note that in the Joomla database table 'assets' is stored all permission settings.

When you will, i can try to install jD complete new in your Joomla.
I can then try to restore the backup file which you have sended it me for a few days.  ::)

A other solution is to find out which path is be correct for the jD upload root folder in configuration...

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

water

Sorry Colin and Arno I was on out of the country on vacation and just got back today. Since I don't have anything installed on my site I think I will install joomla again. Any update on beta 3.2.15 ?
  •  

Arno

I think this is the best way to solve the problem.
But do this before:
1. deactivate the auto monitoring in jD
2. create a backup file with jDownloads (go to the jD Tools page)
3. rename the folder in which you have currently the files (like /jdownloads to /jdownloads_old)
4. when you have Joomla and jD new installed
   1) go to the jD configuration and note down the upload root folder path
   2) deactivate again the auto monitoring in jD
   3) delete the new created upload root 'jdownloads' path
   4) rename now again the old folder with your files to 'jdownloads' ( the path should be then the same as you have note down it above)
   5) go to the  jD Tools page and restore the backup file
   6) go to the jD configuration and type in the path from 1)

Good luck!

The new beta 3.2.15 shall be published tomorrow (i hope).

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure that sequence will work if it is a new Joomla! install as well.  This is because jDownloads records the User Group ID in sql Table <oldprefix>_jdownloads_usergroups_limits.  So I would also include taking a copy of the Joomla User Group ids in <oldprefix>_usergroups as this has the user group id and name. I actually export the table using phpmyinfo to give a csv file which would look something like the pic when displayed as a spreadsheet, rearrange columns, remove unwanted columns (parent_id,   lft &   rgt) and then later add in the new ids.

When the completely new Joomla is loaded, then first step should be to re create the User Groups and record their new ids, preferably using the same user group names as otherwise it becomes very 'interesting'!!  From the <oldprefix>_usergroups and <newprefix>_usergroups one can form a map of UserGroup Name Old_id and New_id.  At step 4-5 after restoring the jD database then the UserGroup ids would need editing.  Actually as the backup file is a text file then using say Notepad++ one could edit a copy of the backup file.  The relevant section for each jDownloads UserGroups starts with the list of field names followed by the corresponding VALUES

The field names start as
$db->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__jdownloads_usergroups_limits ( `id`,`importance`,`group_id`,`download_limit_daily`,`download_limit_daily_msg`,.............
and later in the entry there are the Values as something like
VALUES ( '13','27','22','0','{en-GB}You have reached.........

The group id is the third value, which in this example is '22' and in general it will need changing.

I will expand this to an article when I get some time and after it has been tried!!

Colin
PS you should also rename folder images/jDownloads to say images/jDownloadsORIGINAL before installing the new jDownloads and do similar as with jDownloads folder to restore.

Colin M
  •