News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

latest jdownloads mod - proper url to files

Started by YoJoe, 29.09.2014 15:44:26

Previous topic - Next topic

YoJoe

howdy
I have launched jdownload latest module on frontend , but generated links from the module looks like:
/component/jdownloads/download/ID-category/ID-filename?Itemid=
Is there some sort of a variable which I can set to point to certain menu item's ID to get corresponding url to file download info, which looks like:
/MenuItemAlias/download/ID-category/ID-filename

My config bases on one main category pinned to menu item, and nested categories, not having their own, dedicated menu item.
Is this approach the culprit of wrong URLs in latest jD mod ?
Time is like a drug. Too much of it killls you.
tani hosting www webserwer.pl
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When showing the Latest Module it gives a view such as shown in attached pic Latest01.png
The url generated in the "Three - mike  -method" link is something like below
"<site>/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=download&catid=5&id=19&Itemid=751"
Clicking on this link takes me to the Download details page as shown in pic Latest02.png

So I am not sure what is the problem!  Maybe you could show a screen shot of what your latest module is showing.  There maybe some setup differences that are causing the problem. Or I am just misunderstanding!!

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

YoJoe

Quote from: ColinM on 29.09.2014 16:59:11
So I am not sure what is the problem!  Maybe you could show a screen shot of what your latest module is showing.  There maybe some setup differences that are causing the problem. Or I am just misunderstanding!!

Colin

Hello

At first thanks for reply.
Basically there's no problem with non working links from module to file's download details. Thosework, and point to right file.
But exact URL from jD latest module to the file is different, than the category path, under which the file is available by browsing jD downloads page with categories (check attached picture).
By browsing categories, link to file is: <site>/library/download/3-fant/2-wybrak (library is the menu item alias)
After going to download page from module, the url is: <site>/component/jdownloads/download/3-fant/2-wybrak?Itemid=

I checked the raw link you have posted (I use friendly URL's), and I understood that there has to be something fishy with component's router, as the ?Itemid=  variable in links from module stays empty. I haven't found any options responsible for this either in module (tried out all possible combinations), and since I can't either figure out router's code and implement a solution in a hard way, thus I'll leave everything as is. That's more of a SEO problem only.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I had not set SEF on in my test site to minimise any potential side effects when testing. 

When I turned Joomla SEF on, but not URL rewriting, the link became
<site>/index.php/jdownloads-menu/list-all-categories/download/5-images-png/19-three-mic-method
with URL rewrite on as well it became
<site>jdownloads-menu/list-all-categories/download/5-images-png/19-three-mic-method

Accessing via a Show all Downloads menu, with SEF and URL rewrite on, gave
<site>/list-all-downloads/summary/5-images-png/19-three-mic-method

Accessing via a Show All Categories menu link, and tracking down to the relevant category gave
<site>/jdownloads-menu/list-all-categories/summary/5-images-png/19-three-mic-method

All looks fine to me, but there is perhaps an anomaly in that the link via list all downloads menu item did not include the /jdownloads-menu part

Colin

Colin M
  •  

YoJoe

Quote from: ColinM on 01.10.2014 01:21:56
All looks fine to me, but there is perhaps an anomaly in that the link via list all downloads menu item did not include the /jdownloads-menu part

All menu items seems legit, I haven't had problems with weird paths in urls.
Would you mind checking also links generated inside latest jdownloads module, pointing to file summary ?
If you get nice FURL's, without /component/jdownloads in path, then it may be something with my J! instance configuration - but I haven't noticed any weird behaviours.
  •  

ColinM

A typical url to the  summary  would be like
<site>/jdownloads-menu/list-all-categories/download/18-cat-b/30-eis-news-april-2002

jDownloads simulates menu links

Colin
Colin M
  •