News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Access Level is ignored on first save - [Not a bug!]

Started by carin, 29.06.2014 23:04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

reproduce:

* back end
* go to Files
* make a new download from an existing file
* restrict access to a certain level
* save the new download

expected:

* the download is accessible only to the set access level and not visible to the public

current:

* the ACL is ignored and the download is accessible for the public
* workaround: open the download and save again
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

ColinM

Carin
Did you Save  when you changed the access level.  I only ask as Joomla shows the access level as set on your screen but it does not actually change it until a save occurs.

The other possibility is that it is connected to the User Group Settings bug in that I believe jDownloads only gets the access levels once and does not refresh them.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

carin

... I updated the reproduce steps by "hit save" - the point is that one has to save twice to get it "really" stored in the db.
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i can not reproduce this. For me works all correctly. See pics.
Also in the DB is stored the access level.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •