News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jcomments gives Fatal Error - [Not a jDownloads bug]

Started by carin, 15.06.2014 04:09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

I installed jcomments and enabled it in the jd config. jcomments works fine on a standard Joomla article but on a download page this comes up:

Notice: Use of undefined constant catid - assumed 'catid' in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 241

Notice: Use of undefined constant link - assumed 'link' in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 241

Notice: Use of undefined constant catid - assumed 'catid' in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 241

Notice: Use of undefined constant link - assumed 'link' in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 241

Warning: require_once(includes/application.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in components/com_jcomments/classes/plugin.php on line 59

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/application.php' (include_path='plugins/system/shlib/shl_packages//ZendFramework-1.11.7-minimal/library:.:/usr/lib/php5.4') in components/com_jcomments/classes/plugin.php on line 59

Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

Arno

I know that this has worked good before (with jD 2.5), but perhaps has changed JComments somethings.
I will check this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay. I have installed the newest version.
It is a bug in the JComments file as the application.php was moved to a other location in Joomla 3.2.
if (!isset($cache[$key])) {
require_once(JPATH_SITE . '/includes/application.php');

Read this and use the posted fix:
http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php?topic=8521.0

The other posted 'Notices' are only viewed because your Joomla error settings are not set to 'default' but are also not critical.

Edit:
The notices are now also fixed.

Edit 2:
you can alternate also change the path in the jComments file to:
require_once(JPATH_SITE .'/libraries/legacy/application/application.php');
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •