News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

"Choose a category" does not work in "Create download" - [Not a bug]

Started by carin, 05.06.2014 14:57:48

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

reproduce:
* back end login
* create a menu item "Create download"
* set "Default category" to NO
* set "Choose a category" to a top category
* go to the front end and open the upload form

expected:
* in publishing options the category is set to the previously chosen category at "Choose a category" in the backend and the user can 1. not choose a different top level category and 2. choose any subcategory of the set top category

current:
* all categories are available, the setting "Choose a category" is ignored
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

ColinM

Carin

MODIFIED - when Default Category set to NO then problem exists
If Default Category set to Yes then no problem

I followed your instructions but could not reproduce the fault ???  - I am using jDownloads Version 3.2.6 Beta (published last night)
The pics show as follows
CreDown03.png  shows setting the menu
CreDown04.png is the front end Create Download form - note that category selection is greyed out
CreDown05.png is from Front End tab in config to ensure that show All Categories list is being overridden

Also tried it with sub cat, again AOK

Must be something else or I am maybe missing something ::)  I am using Firefox browser but also tested in IE 11 (on basis if it works on IE then it will be OK on other browsers!!)

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

carin

Thanks, but you are indeed missing something. I wrote "set "Default category" to NO" - you set it to "YES", hence no bug for you ...
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

ColinM

Whoops - yes I did miss Setting Default to No :(  Fault does exist :( Have modified previous reply

Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: carin on 05.06.2014 14:57:48
reproduce:
* back end login
* create a menu item "Create download"
* set "Default category" to NO
* set "Choose a category" to a top category
* go to the front end and open the upload form

expected:
* in publishing options the category is set to the previously chosen category at "Choose a category" in the backend and the user can 1. not choose a different top level category and 2. choose any subcategory of the set top category

current:
* all categories are available, the setting "Choose a category" is ignored

Maybe i have understand something not correctly.
The option description for the first menu fields is:
Quote"If set to 'Yes', this page will only let you create downloads in the category selected below."
So the second (choose category) option is only use, when the first option is activated.

Have you this option deactivated (NO) no option will be here used.

So what shall be here a bug?  ???
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
The problem occurs when you set the option to No which allows you to choose a category.  This may be a conflict with the Group Creation/Editing option 'May Select a Category'.  Although I did reproduce the problem I cannot do so now! ???  This all seems to be related to not getting the right set of user_group options.  So I think we are getting side effects from that problem. :'(

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
many thanks for this clarification.

QuoteThis may be a conflict with the Group Creation/Editing option 'May Select a Category'.
Note that this option is only used when an exist download is edited.
But i will check this more exactly later tonight.  ::)

QuoteThis all seems to be related to not getting the right set of user_group options.  So I think we are getting side effects from that problem.
Yes, we must found here a perfect solution.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay, i think that carin maybe has misunderstood somethings.
Quoteexpected:
* in publishing options the category is set to the previously chosen category at "Choose a category" in the backend...
This is not possible when the "Default category" is set to NO.

Quoteand the user can 1. not choose a different top level category and 2. choose any subcategory of the set top category
when the option above is set to YES:
- he can not use any other category as the selected in "Choose a category"
- it is not possible (at the moment) to select a 'main' category and the sub categories (please note also, that the settings from sub categories can have more restrictive permissions)

So this is for me maybe not the best solution but not a bug.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Thanks for clarification. :) I will attempt to write a note about this area as others could come to the same misunderstanding.
olin
Colin M
  •