News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Save button in Categories section not working [IE11 problem - Not a Bug]

Started by imjan, 04.06.2014 16:29:10

Previous topic - Next topic

imjan

Hello, I am new to Joomla and jDownloads, I am trying to setup every thing mostly it is working but for some reason "Save" buttons are not working when trying to update the category.

I have Joomla version 3.2.3
JDownloads version 3.2.5 beta

I researched the issue and many users reported to change the default editor to "Editor - none" I did that but for some reason save button still does not work and I can only close the category page and cannot take any other action on that page.

If any can provide any insight that would great. Appreciate your time and response.
Regards,
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will try to help but I need more info please. It would be useful if you confirm/deny the following.

What level were you logged in as - Super User, Administrator, Editor, Manager or what?
You were in backend and selected the Categories option?
Did you click on a Category name or did you use the tick box and the click on Edit button?
Either of those actions should take you to the Category Edit page.  Did it?
What did you change on the category edit page?
After editing you clicked on one of Save, Save& New, Save& Close or Save & New.  Which one? And what happened?

Could you also give system details such as  OS Linux m  PHP 5.3.28  MySQLi 5.5.36-cll
You could also probably upgrade to Joomla! 3.3 but I doubt if that is the problem.

Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

imjan

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply, after reading your reply I thought of using different browser and guess what it worked fine in Firefox, it still does not work in IE 11.

Not sure if it's worth the effort to continue to troubleshoot the problem. In any case here are answers to you questions in case if some one else run into this issue.

What level were you logged in as - Super User, Administrator, Editor, Manager or what?
>> logged in as super user

You were in backend and selected the Categories option?
>> Yes I did.

Did you click on a Category name or did you use the tick box and the click on Edit button?
>> I did it both ways with same outcome.

Either of those actions should take you to the Category Edit page.  Did it?
>> Yes it did took me to category edit page.

What did you change on the category edit page?
>> Changed the title and icon for the category.

After editing you clicked on one of Save, Save& New, Save& Close or Save & New.  Which one? And what happened?
>>None of the Save, Save& New, Save& Close or Save & New buttons worked. Only "Close" button worked.

Could you also give system details such as  OS Linux m  PHP 5.3.28  MySQLi 5.5.36-cll
>> Running Linux/Apache, PHP 5.4.29,

You could also probably upgrade to Joomla! 3.3 but I doubt if that is the problem.

I appreciate your time and reply.
  •  

ColinM

imjam
Thanks for update.  Tried it on IE9 and was OK. Also Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m  maybe IE has done a screw up!!
Do not like updating IE as  I need to keep old version for my users but will try on my laptop.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteI researched the issue and many users reported to change the default editor to "Editor - none"
This was a tip only for users from the older 1.9.x series. It should not be required for the new series.

Quote>>None of the Save, Save& New, Save& Close or Save & New buttons worked. Only "Close" button worked.
Strange. jDownloads used here the exactly same way as Joomla self (as example for content or categories).
So please check, whether you can use the Joomla save buttons with the IE browser.

For me is the IE 11 very buggy!! I hate it.
But maybe has Colin an idea.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Tried on my laptop and all was well - used clean version of IE 11 (11.0.9600.17107).  Used Element Inspector to look at code and it seemed AOK. :) Now mystified ???

Will see if we get any other bad reports from IE11  - maybe you could check which version of IE 11 you have.

Colin
Colin M
  •