News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

problems getting a clock into a module [Solved - not jD problem].

Started by MartinT, 20.05.2014 20:25:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinT

I am trying to put a clock into a custom module on one of my site, the clock needs to display my local in Brisbane.

I am having a lot of trouble getting a joomla clock that does this, I had jclock but I am informed that simply shows the time for whomever is online so if the user is in New York that is the time they see.

I can't use an of the clocks that I have found online as the iframe gets stripped from the code. I have tried editing TinyMCE that has not helped and I can't even find where to edit Text filter setting for SU.

I have even tried disabling TinyMCE to get the code to stay there, that did not work either, I have also tried artclock and Leo clock I can't work out how to get any of these to display my time and I do need them to go into module anyway, not to be published on there own in there own position.

I hope that all makes sense I will be so grateful for any assistance as this clock is crucial for my users to know the time of a daily event.
  •  

Arno

It should be possible to find a module what does this job. See pic from JED on joomla.org.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As I was intrigued with the problem I did some experimenting
I have sorted out a little with Art Clock as shown in attached pics.  For some reason Art Clock is not 'triggering' if you just have the Module.  So I also enabled the Plugin Version and put it in a jDownloads description as jD supports plugins in its description of a Download.  The Downside is that the Art Clock module only works if the jD description is showing which is not very useful! :(

I tried adding the plugin code in a regular joomla! article but that did not work either.  So there is a 'trigger' bug or similar in Art Clock which I will report.

If it can be made to work in an article I think a viable solution might be to use the Regular Labs (formerly NoNumber) "Articles Anywhere" extension as that can be used in a Custom Module.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Martin
I have been in contact with Artectic and they have resolved the problem with their clok modukle and clock plugin.  They now work OK  :) ;D
Attached below are updated versions of the module and the plugin. Uninstall the existing versio 2.2.2 and then install the 2 v2.2.3 versions.
Colin

Colin M
  •