News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Rockettheme anomalies when jD frontend is active - pls advise :)[Fixed]

Started by Attila Lengyel, 10.05.2014 17:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila Lengyel

Hey guys,

Maybe I am writing to this to the wrong place, but right now, I am at my wits end, so I figured, I ask your opinion about it.
The issue is related to Rockettheme templates, and it only seems to be appearing when using jD frontend. Let me elaborate the issue in a detailed way.

I installed the latest beta version for 3.2, which is jD 3.2.3. I also have Joomla 3.3. I published a few modules to the sidebar, and they are set to appear on every single page of the side.
When I click on the main view of jdownloads (overview), these modules show up as intended. If I go into any category, the sidebar becomes empty.
For example, right before downloading a file, there is only one module on the sidebar, and originally, it should be two.. In addition to this, I tested this with another Rockettheme
templates, and e.g. under template called Lexicon, the sidebar even moved or mispositioned, so hoping that you can help me out in this. (See attachments please)

I made a video, so you will be able to see what is really going on at my end: http://screencast.com/t/kpQCKdaIUN
I also checked Yootheme, and Joomla default protostar, they were fine. If you need access to my frontend & backend, I can provide it to you.

If you have any solutions for this, please let me know. I would be beyond grateful :) Hope these will contribute to your work :)

One more question: are you planning to add a navigation header area for File Upload page? :) Or how can I add it on my own? I would be really great ;) Thank you in advance!! :)
Have a great day!!

Regards,

Attila L.

*** Site details: ***
jDownloads version: Latest - jDownloads 3.2.3 Beta for Joomla 3.2
Joomla v 3.3.0
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
MySQL Database version:    5.5.36-cll
PHP version:    5.3.28

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
jDownloads version: Latest - jDownloads 3.2.6 Beta for Joomla 3.2
Joomla v 3.3.0
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
MySQL Database version:    5.5.36-cll
PHP version:    5.3.28
  •  

ColinM

Hi ati90210
Thanks for all the input  - will look into the 'challenge'.  From looking at your very helpful video I understand that the second level category view loses your left side content but with Create download or my downloads it is fine.  Also going down the categories to the actual download gets back some of your left hand side.

We had an earlier problem with the Rockettheme Gantry Template where things became non interactive see http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=6860.0
Could you check the jDownloads   components/com_jdownloads/assets/css/jdownloads_fe.css toi see that it has the css below
The important bit in present release is the .item-page class

/* fix if template uses position:relative; in its containing div  */
/* for future releases */
.jd-item-page {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;
}
/* for current beta release */
.item-page {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;
}

I expect you do have it.  The Rocket Theme people are going to change the gantry template to use position:inherit in their .rt-container class in its next release.  As I understand it the Lexicon template uses the Gantry Framework, but they may well have changed the css code.

In the Gantry template the 'interesting' css was in /libraries/gantry/css/grid-responsive.css but it could now be in /libraries/lexicon/css/grid-responsive.css or similar.

I will see if I can get hold of their Lexicon template to simulate.   

In the meantime it would be helpful if you sent PM to Arno and to me with access details to your test..

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Hi Colin,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will check those you mentioned really soon and get back to you and Arno shortly with the login credentials. :)
(Btw, you will be able to test RT Lexicon template on my site if you would like to) :)

All in all, I really appreciate your assistance.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Attila
Joomla v 3.3.0
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Hello Colin,

Just a quick update on this thread:

I checked the code above, and the components/com_jdownloads/assets/css/jdownloads_fe.css file contains the last two css code including .item-page class.
Thus, I am going to send you a PM with the access datas to my site, so you will be able to check it out by yourself :-)

Thank you for your efforts :) Means a lot.

Regards,
Attila
Joomla v 3.3.0
  •  

Olivier

Hi,

check the category layout , a closing div may be missing.

Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes it was the missing </div> in Category Layout  "Standard Category Layout v2.5"

Arno has corrected for next release  The missing </div> is the one shown in red in the line below
  <div style="clear:both"></div>

Layout should be

{cat_title_begin}<div style="background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:6px;">{subcats_title_text}</div>{cat_title_end}
{cat_info_begin}
<table width="100%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;">[/color]
  <tr valign="top" border="0px">
    <td width="65%" style="padding:5px;">{cat_pic}<b>{cat_title}</b></td>
    <td width="20%" style="padding:5px; text-align:right">{sum_subcats}</td>
    <td width="15%" style="padding:5px; text-align:right">{sum_files_cat}</td>
  </tr>
  <tr valign="top" border="0px">
    <td colspan="3" width="100%" style="padding:5px;">{cat_description}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
{cat_info_end}
{sub_categories}
<div style="clear:both"></div>
<div style="float:right;">{checkbox_top}</div>
{files}
{form_hidden}
<div style="text-align:right">{form_button}</div>

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Thank you guys :) Now it's fixed :-) Appreciate your help.  
Joomla v 3.3.0
  •