News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Fatal error 'Using $this' at final Download click in Joomla 3.3.0 [fixed in 3.2.

Started by pvdb, 08.05.2014 20:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

pvdb

1. Joomla 3.3.0 (stable) installed, jDownloads 3.2.3 beta installed (and some more)
2. Some categories and files defined in Jdownloads
3. Test in frontend: everything is working fine, .... except downloading the file!

I get a fat error when clicking on the Download button:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in ../libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 478

What's going wrong? What do I have to do? Is this jDownloads version really compatible with Joomla 3.3.0?

•  

Arno

Hi,
have you activated the 'send mail after download' option in jD configuration?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes jDownloads 3.2.3 beta runs OK with Joomla 3.3  I have no problem with downloads with default configuration.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

pvdb:
Please copy the unzipped file (below) to this joomla folder: JOOMLA_ROOT/components/com_jdownloads/helpers and overwrite the original file.
Try it then again and post here your result. Please use the same jD settings as early used above.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pvdb

Quote from: Arno on 09.05.2014 12:06:29
Hi,
have you activated the 'send mail after download' option in jD configuration?

I've discovered the problem. It's quite trivial and stupid ....  You can't use apostrophes ' ' in a file description !!! After editing the download title it worked well .......

•  

Arno

Quote from: pvdb on 09.05.2014 18:08:48
I've discovered the problem. It's quite trivial and stupid ....  You can't use apostrophes ' ' in a file description !!! After editing the download title it worked well .......
Please, i need this informations:
- Had you used the e-mail optiom: yes/no
- had you used a sinngle quote in the title or in the description?
- when you deactivate the e-mail option: works it in this case also with single quotes?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

I must confirm a bug in the send email function (after download or upload a file).
Will be fixed later today in next beta release.

When anybody need a faster solution, he can use this fix:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=6909.msg26803#msg26803
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pvdb

Quote from: Arno on 09.05.2014 19:22:22
Please, i need this informations:
- Had you used the e-mail optiom: yes/no
- had you used a sinngle quote in the title or in the description?
- when you deactivate the e-mail option: works it in this case also with single quotes?

1. E-mail option was first set to Yes and later to No.
2. I used a two single quotes, as in 'Album booklet'
3. The effect was in both e-mail settings the same.

•  

Arno

Thanks for the info.
I have it tested in the meantime and must agree this two bugs (send email + single quotes problem).
Both are fixed in the beta update later today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •