News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

settings for the front end are ignored - [Fixed in 3.2.9]

Started by carin, 27.04.2014 04:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

reproduce:
* front end view
* add a new download

expected:
* the label "Allowed file extensions:" (the filetypes set up in the back end, jpg,png,...)
* the label "Allowed maximum size: (the size set up in the back end, 16000kB)

current:
* the label "Allowed file extensions:" (empty)
* the label "Allowed maximum size: 2048 KB"

Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

carin

... maybe I got confused with all the settings.

What setting gets priority if a user is in multiple user groups?
  •  

Arno

Quote from: carin on 27.04.2014 05:12:09
... maybe I got confused with all the settings.

What setting gets priority if a user is in multiple user groups?
This is a good question. Will check this tomorrow.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

carin

I think there should be a default setting for those two options because otherwise one would have to go through every single usergroup and add or delete file typs and limits. This should work like a fail safe, so when the code finds usergroup specific setting it should use these, otherwise use the default.

•  

carin

Any news? Right now it is impossible to upload files because the allowed file types are always empty.
  •  

Arno

In the first beta release was not stored during installation default values. But this should be fixed in the meantime.
So you can use a complete fresh installation to test this again, or fill out this data fields for your user groups (see pic).

I will publish today the next beta version 3.2.3. In this is also fixed the (category 'batch' operation bugs).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

carin

Sounds good. I still can't figure out the answer to that question:

QuoteWhat setting gets priority if a user is in multiple user groups?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
after the beta update 3.2.3 is used this rule:
- is a user in multiple groups, is always use the settings from the user group with the highest level
Example:
- user is member in registered and author - the author settings are used
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •