News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Quick Guide how to convert MP4 to MOV on Mac

Started by windyliang, 08.11.2012 06:33:14

Previous topic - Next topic

windyliang

What is a MP4 file?

MP4, short for MPEG-4 Part 14, is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4.Thus, the container format is often referred to MP4. It may also be referred to as MPEG-4 AVC, which stands for Advanced Video Coding. It suggests a format for working with video files and was first introduced in 1998. The MPEG refers to Motion Pictures Expert Group who is responsible for setting the industry standards regarding digital audio and video. The advantage of MOV files is the ability to contain abstract data references for the media data. It means that they can be easily edited - no need to rewrite all media data after editing.

"I downloaded some MP4 videos from online and I want to edit them in iMovie. But it seems that iMovie can't recognize the files. Don't iMovie support MP4? What should I do?"

Have you ever come into the problems like Anny who asked the question online? The problem is that some MP4 format (like MPEG-4 Part 14 and HD MP4) don't work well with Apple products and software.

Well, just forget all limit compatible video formats to several ones like MP4, MOV, which, to be frank, really reduce our joy. What's worse, some MP4 video files are practically unaccepted by iPad, iPhone etc. in order to fix this, we need to convert MP4 to another compatible file format. We will share the tips on how to convert MP4 to Mov on Mac.

Quick guide how to convert MP4 to MOV on Mac.

Firstly, Free download and run the Video Converter for Mac

Find the downloaded files in your library and run it directly. And then you can copy the app to the apps folder or desktop.

Secondly, Import MP4 file to prepare the MP4 to MOV conversion

Two ways are allowed by this easy-to-use video converter:

1 Follow words as below: Menu > File > Import > Add Video Files.

2 Drag and drop the videos to the converter.

Thirdly, Select MOV as the output format

Click the icon of "output settings" and choose the MOV format under the list of Common Format. Or you can select the output as your Apple Devices or Apple Software. If you are aiming to convert MP4 to HD MOV, you can choose HD MOV under list of HD Movie.

At last, Start the MP4 to MOV conversion

After 4 steps, the converter will show you the output folder automatically when the conversion accomplish.

Extended tips for better MP4 to MOV conversion:

1 This is a converter designed for Mac OS X 10.5 or above (Lion included).

2 You can take screenshot when you are previewing the video with the built-in player. 

Try to convert MP4 to MOV now or get more info of the Video Converter for Mac:

To complete the conversion on Mac, the best solution is Video Converter for Mac. You can easily convert MP4 videos to MOV without quality-loss. Not only convert MP4 files to MOV, you can also convert any video to another format or convert video to your portable devices.
For more details, please visit: M4V to MOV , VOB to MOV
  •  

alicia.florrick

here is youtube tutorial shows how to convert mp4 to mov on mac, hope that helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20-2q4bILqU
  •  

dunhill

For video conversion, I always use Anyvideo converter that converts any type of video into any format that can play on all devices.
  •  

DenzilNapata143

People why do you guys waste money on buying shady software's which don't work according to your expectations. I always download and convert any video in any format from any video sharing website and I never waste a single penny on any software's or script. see how to do it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2SmMprL48
  •  

alva

Hi Everyone ,

When I bought my new Apple QuickTime I was very excited to watch my favourite videos on my new iOS device but my excitement was almost vanished when I was unable to play my Mp4  videos. When I got to know that some MP4 video files are almost unaccepted by iPad, iPhone etc  I was annoyed. One of my friends recommended me that in order to protect this, we have to convert MP4 to MOV which is supported by iTunes, iPhone, QuickTime and iPad. This converter is a excellent choice to watch your Mp4 videos in your iOS device. I am sharing a link which helped me a lot to get rid of this problem hope it will help you to get out from your problems.

Thanks
Alva

http://www.video-converters.org/mp4-mov-converter.php
  •  

johnsontyler

I was able to work with this one, thanks.
  •  

JoanAly

iSkysoft Video Converter its a great program it can convert MP4 to MOV . Get iSkysoft Video Converter Coupon now.
http://www.ifcoupons.com/coupons/iskysoft-video-converter/
  •  

emersonlewis

How about this one to use with iPhone or iPad, is it possible. I made purchased at http://www.kekacase.com/design-your-own/ipad-cases.html and the agent told me about this site as we have discuss the same concern of interest, I guess he knows this site very well.

clorismiller101

Do you want to convert all videos to other players' formats, such as iPod, iPhone, PSP? iSkysoft Video Converter can make it true! It can convert all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, 3GP, AVI, WMV, RM, MPEG, M2TS, TS, ASF, etc. as easily and quickly as possible. What's more, it allows you to edit video with built-in tools as well as download video by adding URL.

I have used iSkysoft video converter for three years now. I like its stability and its ease of use. I dare to say it's one of the greatest software I've used. If you want to try it, here you can get iSkysoft Video Converter Discounts.
  •  

darcyhunt

I use Mac Video Converter to convert MP4 to MOV. It supports batch conversion which saves me a lot of time. If you want to know more details, you can refer to the tutorial on How to Convert MP4 to MOV.
  •  

rahs08

there is many online website to convert videos .... you can search on google also  :P
WWW.shockedyou.com
www.alltechbuzz.blogspot.com
  •  

Jason L Grag

Video Converter for Mac supports converting video formats including AVI, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV, ASF, MOV, VOB, 3GP, 3G2 into iPod, iPhone, ...http://www.drexel-labs.com
  •  

timmdd

thanks for sharing, I am not a Mac user, for window system users, I prefer the dvd converter to convert mp4 to mov conversion.

•  

Kenny143

Thanks for all your inputs! Now, if you're done converting your file and somehow it got lost or deleted, will share here how you can easily recover deleted files Mac. You see, accidentally deleting a file on your Mac is an easy mistake and losing important information due to a hard drive issue or virus is never fun. Whether the file is unnoticeably dragged to trash and deleted or removed in another fashion, it is not a devastating event as long as the right retrieval program is available.

Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software is a simple, effective way to take control and quickly recover deleted files Mac. This handy piece of software can find a deleted file on an iMac, MacBook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro. It is capable of locating and restoring deleted files with ease. A file may be retrieved with its original names straight from your Macintosh hard drive for several types of storage media including:

HFS
HFS+
FAT
ExFAT
NTFS

The key is fast action as every change made on the hard drive overwrites deleted information. A removed file not truly gone until overwritten with new data since only the storage location is eliminated from the address table. However, as you continue to make changes, the higher the risk of not being able to retrieve a deleted file. Take action now with Stellar Phoenix Mac File Recovery!
  •