News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How does Joomla compare to Wordpress?

Started by andyscraven, 09.05.2012 21:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

gabfree407

I used wordpress for years and I could say that their features are nice but if given a chance I would like to try joomla too.
  •  

Emmjay

Being pretty new to creating websites, I find Wordpress is definitely the easiest and more friendly platform to use..there is a lot of information on getting started setting up a Wordpress site and with all the plugins and one-step set up inside some hosting packages it certainly cuts out the technical steps...The layout inside of wordpress is logical which makes it easy to add content and change things around on your site.

It works for me..Emmjay :0)
  •  

a-jani

Wordpress is the current standard for building extensible websites. The wealth of themes, plugins and mods available for the platform is absolutely staggering.

Its because of the mass availability of extensions of high quality and an active paid development community that I choose Wordpress. It makes developing client websites really simple.

So, that's why i prefer Wordpress.
  •  

Josea

I prefer Wordpress, but to be honest that might be simply because I am more familiar with it, so it seems easier! It has all the features I need anyway!  :D
  •  

Outbreaker

I tested both and i could do a lot more with Joomla then i could do with WordPress.
  •  

tomagueda

I also think WP is much better, tried both and WP seems to be the easiest by far.
  •  

MrTien88

I prefer using Wordpress than joomla. It easy to setup, light.  ;D
  •  

Cody

I tried WordPress but it sucks. Creating templates is a pain. You are pretty much screwed if you don't know php. Too much bloat in the html and a very annoying taxonomy issue where you can't have two or more categories with the same name. Joomla on the other hand is much more easy to administrate, to create templates for and is a lot more flexible.
Joomla + Content Extensions = Win.
  •  

rebekah

Hi,

I have only really used Wordpress. Once I find something that works I usually stick to it! Installing software packages is really easy as sometimes use my blogs to promote Amazon products which look fantastic with the right package.
  •  

jhon24

Joomla is good but i prefer Wordpress. And i think Wordpress much better with lots of plugins and other supports.
  •  

SimPick

I've built several websites with WP the last weeks and I love the ease and speed to get a site up. The only problem for me is finding good free templates. I don't know why, but I always end up building a site and then changing templates many times and still being somewhat unsatisfied with it. I think I need to stop being mean and  buy a decent theme from Theme Forest or similar. 
  •  

DenzilNapata143

As we all know that drupal, Joomla and Wordpress are the world most popular CMS but if you compare the three of them with each other. I am sure you gonna find one better than the other in different situations. The point we have to note is what is our need. e.g. WordPress is known for it's SEO value and for creating blogging websites but if we want to create a website not mainly for blogging purpose, you gonna find that both Drupal & Joomla beat it out.

So, you see. It depends on our situation and need but overall WordPress is what I recommend.
  •  

emypery

Hi,

I just started to use word press, now a days i heard about joomla. As a beginner which platform is good for me ? word press or joomla?

Regards

Danish
  •  

davedwc

Quote from: emypery on 11.04.2013 19:58:09
Hi,

I just started to use word press, now a days i heard about joomla. As a beginner which platform is good for me ? word press or joomla?

Regards

Danish

Hi Danish,

IMO, that's depends on what you need first.

Wordpress is best platform for blogging, simple post, SEO, etc.
Joomla is better platform for amplify your branding, or built for online shopping.

Regards,
Dave

snomee

Joomla and WordPress are Open source CMS so mainly people are using that to create websites. And for compare to each other.

The basic difference between WordPress and Joomla is that Joomla is a portal- or community type site while WordPress is a blog.  Both overlap each other in several areas and can be extended beyond their original purpose thanks to the use of plugins. You can find those plugins almost everywhere on the internet.  Both have a large user base with a lively community where tips and tricks are shared.  Both are free to use and many hosting providers have them as an option in their web tools section.  WP has a large community of volunteer developers, Joomla can count on many commercial add-ons by specialized professionals.

Comparison between Joomla vs WordPress

1) If you want to add images, publish new items, WordPress is extremely easy to use. Whereas Joomla presents a more ?feature-rich? CMS, though one needs to get the hang of making the modifications.
2) In comparison to WordPress, Joomla is supported by a strong community to help the end users.
3) Joomla is best for creating websites oriented to e-commerce and website requiring a more professional touch. Joomla has thousands of extensions to offer, which are instrumental in increasing the functionality of a website. With its wider flexibility, enhanced features and premier extensions, Joomla to greater extent out beats WordPress.
4) Joomla was created from the ground up and over the years grown as an acclaimed CMS, while WordPress was designed as a publishing platform that has developed gradually into a CMS, offering each unique capability. These are the reasons why many developers declare that Joomla wins in the comparison between Joomla vs WordPress.

Gift card holder