News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How does Joomla compare to Wordpress?

Started by andyscraven, 09.05.2012 21:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

eeeasyas12345

They are both great, however, word press is easier to use and less complicated.

mnemktng

I think Wordpress is so much better. I'm not such a techno guy but I hired(go cheated) someone to do a website for me in the past, I didnt like the layout and what I saw. But maybe it was just the designers problem and not joomla itself.
  •  

podge01

I think it is what you get used to. I have been using WP for a long time and as I have grown so has it. Most of the big marketers I know use WP, so that might mean something.

TrevorDean01

Enjoyed this tread on WP v Joomla. It seems to me that it really is based on what you want to use the products for. I handle small sites and have no hassle with WP. As someone mentioned easy to check for plugins and updates. Smoothness is ideal. ::)
  •  

wsjiii

If anyone's interested here's a great article comparing Joomla vs Drupal vs WP with plenty of examples, pros and cons and even videos:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219685/Site_builder_shootout_Drupal_vs._Joomla_vs._WordPress
  •  

AndyOswego

I agree, it is impossible to compare the 2 Systems.  It's like comparing; Apples and Oranges, it can not be done ...  ;D
  •  

brenda

I researched both before I created my first website. Hands down Wordpress is easier to use. I'm really happy with it. I've had no problems or regrets.
  •  

JohnThomp

They're two very different systems so difficult to compare but I've always favoured Wordpress, once you get round the fact it can be so much more than just a blogging platform its incredibly useful.
  •  

solmz

It completely two different features. Although I used wordpress but both offer good quality service.
  •  

marcasepatentes

I think wordpress is better, more flexible!
  •  

prmario86

I use Wordpress is simply and good for seo friendly, all my costumers ask for Wordpress, but I read that Joomla is a great service I will try soon and see the results.
  •  

Kolega

WordPress is substantially better for SEO than Joomla
  •  

14jan13

WordPress is a website engine built on the premise that installing it, running it, and publishing basic content with it should be as quick and simple as possible. Joomla is a different animal, it's for managing and publishing a lot of different content types, in different ways, with all the options a full-scale CMS has, while looking good doing it.
  •  

cpusl

I have been using WordPress for quite some time and all the plugins are great but I am starting to see some of the downsides to scaling. Is Joomla a better solution for websites with large memberships and participation? Since it is a full on CMS, I would have to imagine that customization is wide open?
  •