News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How does Joomla compare to Wordpress?

Started by andyscraven, 09.05.2012 21:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

eeeasyas12345

They are both great, however, word press is easier to use and less complicated.

mnemktng

I think Wordpress is so much better. I'm not such a techno guy but I hired(go cheated) someone to do a website for me in the past, I didnt like the layout and what I saw. But maybe it was just the designers problem and not joomla itself.
  •  

podge01

I think it is what you get used to. I have been using WP for a long time and as I have grown so has it. Most of the big marketers I know use WP, so that might mean something.

TrevorDean01

Enjoyed this tread on WP v Joomla. It seems to me that it really is based on what you want to use the products for. I handle small sites and have no hassle with WP. As someone mentioned easy to check for plugins and updates. Smoothness is ideal. ::)
  •  

wsjiii

If anyone's interested here's a great article comparing Joomla vs Drupal vs WP with plenty of examples, pros and cons and even videos:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219685/Site_builder_shootout_Drupal_vs._Joomla_vs._WordPress
  •  

AndyOswego

I agree, it is impossible to compare the 2 Systems.  It's like comparing; Apples and Oranges, it can not be done ...  ;D
  •  

brenda

I researched both before I created my first website. Hands down Wordpress is easier to use. I'm really happy with it. I've had no problems or regrets.
  •  

JohnThomp

They're two very different systems so difficult to compare but I've always favoured Wordpress, once you get round the fact it can be so much more than just a blogging platform its incredibly useful.
  •  

solmz

It completely two different features. Although I used wordpress but both offer good quality service.
  •  

marcasepatentes

I think wordpress is better, more flexible!
  •  

prmario86

I use Wordpress is simply and good for seo friendly, all my costumers ask for Wordpress, but I read that Joomla is a great service I will try soon and see the results.
  •  

Kolega

WordPress is substantially better for SEO than Joomla
  •  

14jan13

WordPress is a website engine built on the premise that installing it, running it, and publishing basic content with it should be as quick and simple as possible. Joomla is a different animal, it's for managing and publishing a lot of different content types, in different ways, with all the options a full-scale CMS has, while looking good doing it.
  •  

cpusl

I have been using WordPress for quite some time and all the plugins are great but I am starting to see some of the downsides to scaling. Is Joomla a better solution for websites with large memberships and participation? Since it is a full on CMS, I would have to imagine that customization is wide open?
  •