News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How does Joomla compare to Wordpress?

Started by andyscraven, 09.05.2012 21:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyt42

I prefer Wordpress seo framework but have been impressed with Joomla's design capability. Tough call but I sided with Wordpress for my work.
  •  

zasady

I've many WP sites and I really love this CMS. I'am site designer so I need to know Joomla to so now I am going to create a few sites just for learning. Can you tell me if Joomla is more complicated than Drupal (Wordpress is very easy but I heard Joomla not really)?

Thanks.
  •  

tac8811

When it comes to ranking my sites nothing compares to WordPress and there plugins !...
  •  

pipsqueaks

I've worked with both Wordpress and Joomla, and I totally rate Wordpress, it's so much easier than Joomla but what it comes down to is the sort of site you are building.  The backend of wordpress is so straighforward and there is a plugin for just about anything you can think of and most are free, whereas you tend to have to pay for Joomla plugins a bit more often (again depending on what the site is for).  Here's a wee tip, don't ever build an e-commerce site using Joomla as you are required to use a component called Virtuemart which totally sucks big lemons!!  ;)

jackmars44

I am using wordpress and its quite good. For me wordpress is more seo friendly.

Thanks
  •  

fidel2414

I've been using Wordpress for all of my content management system needs. I'm gonna give Joomla a try though.

uniquewarez

Wordpress is more better, so easy to use, so many plugins, so many free themes, and seo friendly to Google. So its far better than Joomla

luhur99

I think joomla is not for seo use , it really great but not with seo , Wordpress great for SEO but just for blogging not for content management, I usually make company web with Joomla but for online marketing I use Wordpress  ;D
  •  

maddisonaa03

I use Wordpress and im very happy with it.  I love all the  useful plugins.  ;)
  •  

flyingman

I use to both systems, wordpress is the one for me, but in saying that Joomla has great capabilities too, I say try them both good them a good run and make a decision which one suits your needs better.

emocjones

I use both as well. But Wordpress is easy compared to Joomla.
  •  

Todd.d

WordPress and Joomla are the most popular open-source CMS? around.
One difference between WordPress and Joomla is their theming model.
If you are going from Joomla to WordPress you might feel that they require too much theme coding.
  •  

fKeBh1HtCmEJ

•  

koz47

It really depends what you're trying to do. Wordpress is more user friendly.. So if you're anything like me, its preferable. Drupal and joomla allow you to get more creative if you know what you're doing.

OpingFing

This is a valid question because both are PHP - MySQL-based webapps that run off a database, and perform similar functions. But their aspirations are different: one is a full-on CMS, the other is a 'quick publishing tool' that is designed to get your content online ASAP.
In my own opinion,I like wp more ...
  •