Support-Forum
02.10.2014 04:19:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014-09-10: Important Security Fix Published for the older 1.9.x series! You should immediately install this update!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT: How to allow download only to registered user WITHOUT category?  (Read 5160 times)
mus1402

« Reply #15 on: 11.11.2011 02:36:55 »

Hi Arno,

Can I get a reply for above post please?

It's quite urgent.

Thanks
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: 11.11.2011 21:51:54 »

Hi,
Please tell me is there a way to disable the title link OR is there a way to make the title link directly download as well?
Activated also this option:
Use files title as download link?

Please explain in simple step-by-step instruction how do I activate this Anti-leech System and Path Protection ? I already look at this post and this post , it is NOT helpful. I want to block user from directly download my file either via external direct linking or copy&paste download link directly to browser address field.
When you has read the posted topics, you see that it works (http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2325.msg13240#msg13240).

You must use this settings:

Security tab
Protecting your Download-directory? Yes
Activate Hotlinking protection? Yes
Also block when the Browser send no Referrer? Yes

By the way, it is not possible to reach with this option a 100 percent safety.
jD 2.0 comes with a better solution.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
mus1402

« Reply #17 on: 15.11.2011 07:47:13 »

Activated also this option:
Use files title as download link?
I selected YES but it still doesnt work. The text still linkable to 'Download details' page. Any other idea?

Security tab
Protecting your Download-directory? Yes
Activate Hotlinking protection? Yes
Also block when the Browser send no Referrer? Yes
I have activated all of the above settings but why is it I can still directly download THIS PAGE from external link ? I understand if I make a link from external domain pointing directly to the download link it will show message below:
Unauthorized access to downloads!

You tried to start a download from a not authorised resource or your browser do not send a referrer!
If you deactivate the referrer in your browser please activate it in your browser configuration to download the file!

BUT, if user doesn't make it as a link and instead they just copy&paste the download link to the browser address bar, they CAN download my document without even visiting my site! how do I STOP this??

Please reply URGENTLY.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 15.11.2011 08:24:47 by mus1402 » Logged
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: 15.11.2011 14:36:43 »

I selected YES but it still doesnt work. The text still linkable to 'Download details' page. Any other idea?
You must also activate the 'direct download' option.

I have activated all of the above settings but why is it I can still directly download THIS PAGE from external link ?
Sorry, but i understand not exactly your problems.

I understand if I make a link from external domain pointing directly to the download link it will show message below:
Exactly.
When you insert a other link like: http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=133&view=summary&cid=150&catid=13
it is clear that this works. Then the link go to the source website before the download is run.
By the way, it is not possible to reach with this option a 100 percent safety.

BUT, if user doesn't make it as a link and instead they just copy&paste the download link to the browser address bar, they CAN download my document without even visiting my site! how do I STOP this??
Allow only registered members to download the files and all is ok.

Please reply URGENTLY.
All posted questions from all users are urgently ...

Perhaps it is better to use a other download manager, when you are not satisfied with jDownloads.
« Last Edit: 15.11.2011 14:40:50 by Arno » Logged

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

-->