Support-Forum
19.04.2014 19:45:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014-04-01: jDownloads 2.5.0 Beta for Joomla 2.5 published! A Joomla 3.x compatible version comes in the next days!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support for joomla user groups  (Read 4882 times)
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #15 on: 13.12.2010 09:13:01 »

I entered the text in the description. I see that this is shown in a pop-up in the final download screen. I expected that this text would be what the downloader would agree to if there was no file. I can to this conclusion because the default jDownload setup has a few licenses example without links to a file.

If the file is a local file, can I have it in the jDownload directory? If so, how should the link be written?

Arno
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: 13.12.2010 19:04:02 »

I can to this conclusion because the default jDownload setup has a few licenses example without links to a file.
Link to a file? The license must not have a link to a file...  Roll Eyes

If the file is a local file, can I have it in the jDownload directory? If so, how should the link be written?
Sorry, but you confused me...  Huh

All local files MUST exists in the subfolders (=categories) from the jdownloads upload folder.
So i undestand not exactly what you will do.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #17 on: 14.12.2010 09:52:01 »

I have entered a description. But if I say the user has to agree to it, the download will not happen. Only disabling the agree part makes everything work.

The reason I thought a file was needed is because in your screen dump you have a text file name that looks like it is the text of something. If it is only the info in the description field that is used (and which I have entered), what is the gpl-3.0.txt file in the box above for? To be clear, I do NOT have a name in that field. I do have a description in the text field for the description. But things do not work properly.
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: 14.12.2010 13:13:43 »

You must go to the license manager in the control panel from jD.
- Then select the needed license or create a new.
- fill out all fields (the content from the license text can you insert from a internet source, as sample)
- save the license
- go to the download where you will add this license and assign it
- activate, that the user msut agree the license
- save the download

- make sure, that you has activated the 'Standard 1.8' summary layout in the layout manager

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #19 on: 14.12.2010 14:08:25 »

The secret was using the Standard 1.8 layouts. I had Standard 1.4 selected. Probably left over from the 1.7 release I started with. But it works now.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

-->