Support-Forum
24.04.2014 10:59:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014-04-01: jDownloads 2.5.0 Beta for Joomla 2.5 published! A Joomla 3.x compatible version comes in the next days!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support for joomla user groups  (Read 4922 times)
puntxo

« on: 26.11.2010 10:14:35 »

The new user groups feature, to control categories access, is very nice but I think it'll be more useful if we could also assign permissions to Joomla user groups. So we could take profit of some Joomla extensions for group management.

Arno
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: 26.11.2010 15:02:23 »

Hi,
sorry, but i understand not exactly what you mean.  Roll Eyes
You can also select a Joomla user group for the category access... or what is your problem?

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
puntxo

« Reply #2 on: 26.11.2010 15:14:52 »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't choose from all Joomla groups (Administrator, Editor, Autor), only distinguish between registered, public or special. Do you mean that If I create new groups in Joomla I could see them from Jdownloads?

Best regards
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: 26.11.2010 15:18:27 »

ok, this correct.
But you can add users from (as sample) from the author group to a jD group.
Perhaps can we add also the joomla user groups in a later release.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
puntxo

« Reply #4 on: 26.11.2010 23:32:06 »

Well, in reality Joomla does not allow to add user groups, but they say that feature will be included in 1.6 release. Now there are some extensions that allow to manage groups, link to LDAP groups, etc.

Thank you very much for your support.
ptux
jD Translator

« Reply #5 on: 01.12.2010 02:14:59 »

I created an users group, and i tried to see the frontend. Actually, if i allow that a folder appear to everybody, everybody can also read the downloads list and if they have enough right to upload files, they can upload also in the reserved folder.

If possible i'd like:
1. that everybody can see the folder name (but not the file list);
2. that only users of the group could add downloads in a reserved folder.

Thanks
ptux
jD Translator

« Reply #6 on: 01.12.2010 10:35:43 »

I obtained something similar to my wishes creating a Category "reserved area" and some subfolders for that area...

Grin
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: 01.12.2010 13:49:21 »

I obtained something similar to my wishes creating a Category "reserved area" and some subfolders for that area...
 Grin

Correct.

If possible i'd like:
1. that everybody can see the folder name (but not the file list);
2. that only users of the group could add downloads in a reserved folder.

This is very specially. I will not add to many new options, otherwise it is to heavy to configure it.
I hope you understand it.

Perhaps we can add a option for the upload form: Uploads only in this category:

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
NielsNL
jD Tester

« Reply #8 on: 06.12.2010 18:14:07 »

Hello Arno,

I need this future too,
Please can you add this as soon as possible. When you do i will start using Your component for sure and do a nice donation as well.

thanks

Niels
CO of Fusion Ticket Solutions
http://www.fusionticket.org
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #9 on: 10.12.2010 09:55:06 »

I am a bit confused (and new to jDownloads). I have installed jDownloads, and I can restrict access to either registered or special users. If I select special users, I get the same access as I get for registered users. What is the difference supposed to be?

I am also confused if user groups (or any type of per-category access control) is really supported. In the features for jDownloads it lists as a Main feature:

Custom User Groups
With jDownload can you define user groups to set the access to a download category only to members from a user group.

But I don't see where to do this. And some comments on this list imply that it is not implemented. I expect that it is just that I do not understand something.
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: 10.12.2010 11:49:51 »

Hi Roger,
you can use the joomla groups: all, registered and specials,
Alternate, you can define your own groups in jD groups manager.

When you edit a category, you can select this for category access (see pics).
So i understand not your problem.

I am a bit confused (and new to jDownloads). I have installed jDownloads, and I can restrict access to either registered or special users. If I select special users, I get the same access as I get for registered users. What is the difference supposed to be?
Members from specially groups can allways also seen categories with registered access (Special members are also registered but have a higher level).
Manager and administrators are special members (as sample).

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #11 on: 10.12.2010 13:16:12 »

Ahh. I do not have a tab called Groups. I am running Joomla 1.5.22. I see that you are running 1.6. Could that be the problem?
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: 10.12.2010 14:10:07 »

No, i use Joomla 1.5.x.
But has you installed the last 1.8.1 beta release from jDownloads?
In jD 1.7 it exists not.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
roger.oberholtzer

« Reply #13 on: 10.12.2010 16:44:22 »

That was it. Now I have groups. Much better.

The only odd thing I have come across in the beta is that if I have a license for a download, and I say the user should agree to it, the download never happens. I get to a screen that has info telling the name of the file you have selected. But the download never happens. If I disable the choice to agree to the license, then all works as expected. This is not really an issue for me.

If I had any wish, it could be that I could select more than one group to have access to a category. Us users always want that one bit more. ha ha.

Another satisfied user!
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: 10.12.2010 23:54:54 »

Has you insert the license text in the assigned license?

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

-->