Support-Forum
23.04.2014 18:03:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014-04-01: jDownloads 2.5.0 Beta for Joomla 2.5 published! A Joomla 3.x compatible version comes in the next days!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Displaying only files from selected category based on category id ?  (Read 1523 times)
Kondzik1

« on: 10.03.2010 09:50:05 »

Hi, I'm just discovering this great extension. I desperatly need one feature - to be able to display files form selected categories of Jdownloads in selected articles/menu items.
For example: Article/Menu item "Download MP3" shows only files from jdownloads category MP3, Article/Menu item "Download tutorials" - shows only files from jdownloads category Tutorials.
I now that Jdownloads_content_plugin allows admin to put single files into an article based on ID, is it also possible for Categories? Huh
Sorry if this subject was mentioned before but I've searched all faqs and forum and didn't find it.

I will be very grateful for help!! Smiley
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: 10.03.2010 12:02:24 »

Hello,
many is possible with the content plugin. Best you see self at:
http://www.redorion.com/plugindemo/

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
Kondzik1

« Reply #2 on: 10.03.2010 15:56:48 »

Yep, been there, seen all great functions of the plugin, but (as I seen in demos) they all refere to files. I mean You can display single file, latest downloads etc but can You use sth like {jd_file cat==1} or {jd_cat cat==1} to display all files from a single category ?(try that, doesn't work:) Forgive my ignorance if I missed sth, but I don't see the solution how to do this on http://www.redorion.com/plugindemo/.
I appriciate Your time
Arno
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: 10.03.2010 16:37:52 »

Yep, been there, seen all great functions of the plugin, but (as I seen in demos) they all refere to files. I mean You can display single file, latest downloads etc but can You use sth like {jd_file cat==1} or {jd_cat cat==1} to display all files from a single category ?(try that, doesn't work:) Forgive my ignorance if I missed sth, but I don't see the solution how to do this on http://www.redorion.com/plugindemo/.
I appriciate Your time
You has right, this is not possible in the moment. Sorry.
Perhaps helped the FAQ. In this find you a how-to create a intern menu link to a category.  Roll Eyes

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions archive!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

-->