News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloading from jDownloads

Started by MarcioD, 17.11.2021 04:08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcioD

Hi!
I have disabled the option of sending files via PHP script (attachment 01.jpg).
How I try to download this file:
https://www.fakturabm.pl/pobierz/download/10-wersja-2-0/13-sprzedaz-z-podzialem-na-kontrahenta
with Firefox is great (attachment 02.jpg).
But as I try to download it via the natively built-in Microsoft Edge browser, it opens in the browser (attachment 03.jpg).
How to do that after clicking on "Download" the file will always be downloaded and not opened in the web browser?
When I turn on the "Send files using PHP script" option, it works normally, but then the file download works badly because it does not show this information (attachment 04.jpg).
Also, it is not possible to resume/complete the file download after the download has been interrupted. How do I force download specific files to work with this "Send files using PHP script"? It is worth adding the option not only globally but for each file to be able to include (attachment 05.jpg). Or let jDownloads respect these settings correctly (attachment 06.jpg). I use the ".zes" extension and it is not a virus but a statement file to be loaded in the invoicing program. Kind Regards.
  •  

Arno

Hi Marcio,
I do not understand why you do not want to use the option: "Send files using PHP script".
You self noted that in this case all works as expected.

When you disable this option the file will be directly send to the browser. And the browser then decides for itself what to do with the file.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

MarcioD

I can not turn on this "Send files using PHP script" option globally because for downloading this small file with ".zes" extension it works fine, but for ".exe" file about 600MB size it works dramatically.
When the download is interrupted, the download cannot be continued and the time of the file download is unknown (attachment) :(
  •  

Arno

Hm. This is strange. Could I get access to your website? When yes, please send me information via PM.

Edit:
You need the direct download solution only for the special .zes file?
Maybe we could use the HTML 5 <a> 'download' attribute.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

MarcioD

I have sent login details to PM :)
  •  

Arno

Hi Marcio,
thanks for the data.

1. I have tried to download the small .zes files with the Chrome and Brave browsers and all does it open directly as described. The try to download any bigger file  was not succesful. No idea why not.
2. Afterwards I was go to your backend and checked your settings.
-  I have activated again the option:  "Send files using PHP script". 
- Then tried again to download the small .zes files and also the bigger files (also a file around 600MB).
- The result was perfect and I could not see any problems. I have it tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera. The last both was unused before and has only the default settings.

All Download processes was succesful as expected. Also with progress bar and very, very fast. And with enabled "Send files using PHP script" option.  :)

So maybe is your reported issue only a local problem on your PC.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

MarcioD

Can you do this with the "Send files using PHP script" option disabled. so that files with the ".zes" extension do not open in the browser, but are saved to disk?
Please don't ask why, it is a waste of our precious time :)
I'll pay if necessary.
  •  

Arno

QuoteCan you do this with the "Send files using PHP script" option disabled. so that files with the ".zes" extension do not open in the browser, but are saved to disk?

It is not required to disable this option to get this result. Check the pics. Also the .zes file was always stored and not opened. With an enabled option.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

MarcioD

At the moment I have logged in and unfortunately the "Send Downloads using the PHP Script" option is enabled :(
  •  

MarcioD

I want the file with the ".zes" extension to always be saved (never opened in the browser) with this option turned OFF.
  •  

Arno

Quoteturned OFF.
Why? All download types works fine with this option!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

MarcioD

If this option is enabled and the download is interrupted (unfortunately, this is the case on the server), it is not possible to continue the download. It always starts downloading the file from the beginning :(
With a large file and a slow Internet connection of the client, this is a very big problem.
  •  

Arno

On my test was your server very fast. So I could download a 588 MB file in round a minute.
I could also stop the download process and continue the download manually again. See video.

The problem is that I can not change this handling for all users. So I must create a small modification only for you. But then it is not longer possible to update your version so easy.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

MarcioD

Yes, it works fine when it is stopped manually, but if the download is interrupted from a faulty server operation, it is no longer possible to continue the download. Please do this change or write to me in which file what should I improve. I will create a patch on my server to quickly apply the change again after updating jDownloads :)
By the way, I don't know why you don't want to add this for everyone so that files not listed in "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser" will be written to the disk and not opened in the browser.
  •  

Arno

Okay I will think about this. So you should get in the next days a modification.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •