News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Version for Joomla 4?

Started by magicland, 29.09.2021 01:14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

magicland

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not, but I didn't see any other place for it. Will there be a version of JDownloads for Joomla 4? Or will the Joomla 3.x version work with it? It's the only component I'm using that doesn't have Joomla 4.x support yet. Thanks!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We are busily working on a Version 4- the Joomla people have made changes that significantly affect jD.  Some of these are Database changes which are always challenging.
You next question would no doubt be how long will it be?  Presently all I can say is twice as long as haf of it!!!  In reality as soon as we can - Arno is working only on the J4 update.
Best wishesColin
Colin M
  •  

magicland

Thanks for the reply. Just saw the post on your website's main page about it (not sure why I didn't go there first). Completely understand development "timetables" and that it'll be done when it's done. Just wanted to make sure that it was going to happen. Waiting I can do, as long as I know there's something to wait for!
  •