News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

no checkbox visible for mass download

Started by matav, 21.09.2021 09:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

matav

Hi, I wanted to use mass download for a download category and choosed a layout with checkboxes. Downloads are listed, but no checkbox is visible, nor a "select all" checkbox. I also tried it on a fresh installed joomla, same problem. What am I doing wrong?
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Which version of jD and Joomla! are you using?I have just checked with Joomla! 3.10.2 and jD 3.9.8.1 just to make sure all is well.
When you selected the Downloads layout with check boxes did you remember to click on the Activate button?I have attached a pic to illustrate.
Article https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/layouts-v3-9/layouts-overview-an-introduction may also be useful.
If thwe above does not assist then please let me know
Colin
Colin M
  •  

matav

Oh I did not notice that I had to active the template - beginner mistake  :-[ However, I managed to get the checkboxes only using a menu item of type "single category". I would like to use it in an articel and tried [jd_file onlinelayout==Standard Files Layout with Checkboxes 3.9][jd_file category==3 count==0] but though the desired Layout is then used, it does not have checkbox. What did I miss there?
  •  

ColinM

HiSad to say but the 'checkbox' type is not supported in the jD Content plugin.  There is a significant amount of support software to provide the checkbox facility.
To my knowledge we have not been asked for this feature prviously - but could add to suggestion list.
Please note that most of our efforts are presently aimed at getting a version of jD for Joomla 4
Note you can set up the Front End to get 'direct' downloads that is without jD taking a user to either the summary view or a Download Details view - see the section in Options - Front End - Download Sequence   NB Presently the actual actions are not quite same as the Docs - just gfixing that

Colin
Colin M
  •  

matav

okay, everything's clear, many thanks. jD is a great extension, with great support!
  •