News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Frontend - no new download possible[Solved]

Started by softwareprofi, 17.09.2021 15:28:46

Previous topic - Next topic

softwareprofi

Hi jdownloads team,

I have an issue on my website with joomla 3.10.2. JDownlodas was updated there a few moths ago and all seems fine. Unfortunately is it not possible to create a new donwload at the frontend. If I click the new button an error occurs "0 - Cannot use object of type jdownloadsViewForm as array". See the screenshot. All the other functionality at the frontend seems ok. At the backend are no problems to create a new download.

Is it a known issu? Can you please help.

Thanks a lot.
  •  

ColinM

Hi

I have just 'upgraded'one of my test sites to Joomla! 3.10.2.The Add button was not being displayed!! :(   It was OK in 3.10.1
Did not get a message like you showed but that may be language related.  As a short term measure whilst checking out for a solution you could add a Create Download Menu item.  Also change the user group setting - Group Creation/Editing Settings tab option Display Add/upload icon to No to avoid users having a 'challenge'.
Will investigate further
Colin
Colin M
  •  

softwareprofi

Hi Colin,

thx for reply and the suggestion. I have created a new Download menu item. Unfortunately leads the this item to the same error. Perhaps an upgrade error? What can I do to find the error?

Thx in advance.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just sent you a Personal Message (PM)
Colin
Colin M
  •