News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permissions problem on some files

Started by Scionn, 02.07.2021 11:32:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Scionn

Hy, I've an installation of jdownloads 3.9.7.3 on a 3.9.27 joomla.
We have a lot of categories and differents access permissions based on USER GROUPS, ACCESS LEVEL.

After the migration from the precedent series of jdownloads we started have problems.

Problems are not for all the files.... problems are not for the admin (so i can say that the file is working right and the webserver can access it without problem).

Pratically, I've a categories where i give access to a specified access level, if i check the category permission it seem to be ok.
Inside this category I have some files, the inherithed permissions and if I check in the permission tab I can see it correctly.

When I go to the site and log-in with a user with that access level  I can view the category, I can enter and view the files, but I cannot download the files....

I've tried also to force permission per level overwriting inherithed ones.... ever without solving the problem...

Have you some idea???

Thanks in advance.
  •  

Tazzios

Go to the file in the backend and check the permission tab to see if the user group is allowed to download. If not go up to the permission tree (file>category>jdownloads) to see if every thing is set correctly.

ColinM

Hi
Were you updating from a jD3.2  version of jD?
Is your site multilingual?
ColinPS I have sent you a PM
Colin M
  •  

Scionn

Quote from: ColinM on 02.07.2021 15:16:56
Hi
Were you updating from a jD3.2  version of jD?
Is your site multilingual?
ColinPS I have sent you a PM

Yes from the latest version of JD 3.2 following the guide.

Yes my site is multilingual.
  •  

Scionn

Colin help me to find that I have a problem on myu test user, that is child of different group, one of them with deny permission on the category.... and this deny permission goes overriding the explicit allow permission that i'm trying to set for the user.

Thank you very much.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Would be better if you could use the PM
Could you advise which user / user group is having problem pleaseYou have  some 140 active categories so I need some clues# :)
There is no easy way to find where the deny is located
Colin
Colin M
  •