News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

I made a little hack to filter yours downloads by tags directly in Jdownloads

Started by rikoooo, 13.06.2021 23:58:46

Previous topic - Next topic

rikoooo

Hi,

If someone is interested, I have made a little hack of Jdownloads v3.9 in order to filter your downloads by tags directly from Jdownloads.

OPEN : /components/com_jdownloads/models/downloads.php

Look for this line  :

$query->from('#__jdownloads_files AS a');

Add this code just after :

if(isset($_GET['tag']) && !empty($_GET['tag'])){
        $query->join('INNER', '#__contentitem_tag_map AS t on a.id = t.content_item_id');
        $query->where('(t.tag_id = '.(int)$_GET['tag'].') AND (t.type_alias = \'com_jdownloads.download\')');
}

How it works ? From the 'All Downloads' page, append this argument tag= to your URL
Example : www.exemple.com/downloads/all/?tag=5 (where 5 is your Joomla tag ID).

Now you can create a button link with your favorites tags in your Jdownloads layout.
  •  

ColinM

Rikooo
Sound interesting.  Could you please send a pic of what the output looks like please.
Presently Tags are shown with the Download, if you click on a tag then it lists all the Downloads with that tag using the Tags Component.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

rikoooo

Hi Colin,

The output is the normal outpout of JDownloads, try my hack you will see. (It's not the output of com_tags)

It will output on this page like any other downloads : index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads

Thank you
  •  

ColinM

Rikoo
Are you saying it effectively turns it into a "list Downloads by Tag"?Colin
Colin M
  •  

rikoooo

Yes absolutely,

It even make the categories obsolete, because now you can use tags instead.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Will talk with Arno about this as really it would need to be a new option with its own menu item etc. It would be a good addition I think as "List Downloads by Tags"  - Iwill move the topic to 'Suggestions'

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Zoom

This is a really amazing feature. I hope it gets added. Thanks for sharing it!

In the meantime though, is there a way to make an SEF URL and title for each tag page? Otherwise, it's not too great for SEO.
  •  

Super User

Hi Rikoo,
please use never a hack like yours. This would be very dangerous. You should never use unfiltered GET data for a database query!
  •