News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Latest Downloads Module Layouts

Started by soundcore, 04.06.2021 15:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

soundcore

Hello,
I have been trying to display the "Latest Downloads" in a customized way. I have been doing it in two ways but facing issues.

1. The Latest modules displays in a single column. I want to display the files in 3 or 5 columns. (I tried changing the layout in content plugin options but that didn't help).

2. I used "{jd_file onlinelayout==Files link only (2)}{jd_file latest==5}" in a custom module (content prepared) and this seems to give me what I want, but the image, attached to the download don't show up instead the path shows up. Photo attached.

Also, are these the easiest ways to display the latest downloads in a module in multiple columns? I couldn't find a sample layout for 4 columns in downloads (I see it in categories, would it be the same?)
  •  

soundcore

Sorry forgot to add, this is how my layout looks like:

<div class="jd_files_oneline" style="">{file_pic}{thumbnail}{file_title} </div>
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
The Modules are really intended to appear in a side bar!  So have not been organised as multi column.  Are you intending to show in the main panel?

I have made a Downloads layout called'Files link three col. with code as below and with the parameter "Number of columns in layout" set to 3.

<div class="jd_files_oneline " style="width: 30%; margin:5px 0;">{file_pic}{file_title}</div>
Now to ensure we have the Top Downoads, that is those Downloads most Downloaded, set up a jD Menu item type of List all Downloads.  Give this a title of say 'List Top Downloads' and most importantly on the 'List Layouts tab' set option 'Downloads Order' to 'Most Hits/Downloads'
Result is shown in pic
Colin
Colin M
  •  

soundcore

Thank you for the reply Colin. That resolved it.

Also my second issue. I just didn't read the documentation clearly. Re-looked at it and now have everything in place with your help. Thank you so much :)
  •