News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Latest Downloads Module Layouts

Started by soundcore, 04.06.2021 15:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

soundcore

Hello,
I have been trying to display the "Latest Downloads" in a customized way. I have been doing it in two ways but facing issues.

1. The Latest modules displays in a single column. I want to display the files in 3 or 5 columns. (I tried changing the layout in content plugin options but that didn't help).

2. I used "{jd_file onlinelayout==Files link only (2)}{jd_file latest==5}" in a custom module (content prepared) and this seems to give me what I want, but the image, attached to the download don't show up instead the path shows up. Photo attached.

Also, are these the easiest ways to display the latest downloads in a module in multiple columns? I couldn't find a sample layout for 4 columns in downloads (I see it in categories, would it be the same?)
  •  

soundcore

Sorry forgot to add, this is how my layout looks like:

<div class="jd_files_oneline" style="">{file_pic}{thumbnail}{file_title} </div>
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
The Modules are really intended to appear in a side bar!  So have not been organised as multi column.  Are you intending to show in the main panel?

I have made a Downloads layout called'Files link three col. with code as below and with the parameter "Number of columns in layout" set to 3.

<div class="jd_files_oneline " style="width: 30%; margin:5px 0;">{file_pic}{file_title}</div>
Now to ensure we have the Top Downoads, that is those Downloads most Downloaded, set up a jD Menu item type of List all Downloads.  Give this a title of say 'List Top Downloads' and most importantly on the 'List Layouts tab' set option 'Downloads Order' to 'Most Hits/Downloads'
Result is shown in pic
Colin
Colin M
  •  

soundcore

Thank you for the reply Colin. That resolved it.

Also my second issue. I just didn't read the documentation clearly. Re-looked at it and now have everything in place with your help. Thank you so much :)
  •