News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Access rights in the backend

Started by Tazzios, 30.04.2021 16:23:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzios

Access rights in the backend seems to have some issues.

- jdownloads Create right does not work without edit rights
- Giving a user to only create and edit rights to only one category results in nothing. no create or other button is available

What i want is that i can give group access to a category so that the can maintain it(create edit delete) from the bacnked.  When i check rights from a download  in that category i see that  the group have all rights but the can`t do anything with the file(message edit not allowed).In the frontend however the can edit  it.

I have a test site with logins if you want to test it for yourself.

ColinM

Tazzios
I have sent you a PM about this topicThe requirement that the UG has both Create and Edit permission is intentional - it is not a bug :)
It seemed irrational to allow someone to be able to create but not even be able to edit a simple spelling mistake!!
The other parts are dealt with in the PM
Colin
Colin M
  •