News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

404: page not found jDownload Tree

Started by Gianni, 14.04.2021 17:52:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Gianni

Hi,
I just put in place a multi-language site, with Italian and Spanish languages normally working. I'm using Joomla! 3.9 and gk_magazine Gavic Pro template, but exactly the same happens with Protostar. I have two problems:
1) clicking on an element of the tree when selected language is Italian, all is working fine but selecting Spanish, jDownload Tree returns a "404: page not found" error, which is impossible, because if I reach the same point via menu, the page is correctly there.
2) from jDownload content displayed in the mainbody section of the page, logging in with a user enabled to Create downloads, same situation: using Italian language no problem but if I select the "Add" button, it returns me the same "404: page not found" error. Could you please suggest me something to verify? Both problems seems to be related to multi-language site... Thanking you in advance
[image 1 is related to normal situation clicking on "Documenti pubblici" element of the tree it works fine, displaying the corresponding content; Second image refers to clicking under same situation but under Spanish language]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
could you please activate the 'language debug' option in Joomla and try it then again (with Spanish)?
Post then here the result or send it me via PM. Thanks.

The reason could be some mistakes in the Spanish language file.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you made a duplicate copy of the jD Treemodule setting each one with the relevant language?They will then only pick up those jD cats and Downloads in the relevant language.
In a multilingual site if you use All as the language for the module it will only pickup those of the current language
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Gianni

Hi Arno: if you like I can do but I know the problem is not into the language for itself because I tried before to reinstall all the site starting from Spanish language as installation language and then I added Italian; in that case, the role of languages were inverted: Spanish was the one working fine and Italian returned the 404 page not found error!!!

Again: from the menu, Public Documents category in spanish is normally displayed but, clicking on the tree element -> 404error!!!      Hi Colin: Yes, for sure: I will attach modules declarations I did:
  •  

Gianni

I'm sorry, this is the right image with spanish tree published
  •  

ColinM

HiIt is more challenging in multilang.  what I have found that works is that where appropriate it is also necessary to set up the associations.My multilang test site has 4 languages :English German, French and Arrabic.  It also has categories and dowloads that belong to All.
Pic 'Tree modules01.png'  is a composite to show all 4 Tree Modules in the Frontend.  Note that each selects those Categories in the relevant language ans also the 'All' ones.
The other two pics show the listing of the categories in the backend.  The Downloads similarly have Associations.
Rather than thinking that the 404 is a 'bug' perhaps it is saying that the expected file or category does not exist in the choosen language :) ;) Best wishesColinPS Yes the Tree module is more 'particular' than most!!!
Colin M
  •  

Gianni

Hi, thanks a lot to answer but the problem is still hot. As you can see in picture "Associtions2", public categories are associated! Here I have a second problem, because, as you can see in picture "Assocoations3", I associated even another category, but, even if the associations field is saved, I cannot see the associations flag  (Associations2) in the "General jDownloads view"! but, selecting jDownloads Multilanguage associations even that category appears associated. I don't understand how it is possible that in general jDownolads Categories' overview does not appear the association but in jDownload Multilanguage Associations (Associations 4) screen yes, it appears. ?!? This is very strange from my point of view, don't you see?
  •  

ColinM

Associations

Figure Associations 2 shows that you have Associated the Italian Category 'Documenti pubblici', which has 3 Downloads, with its Spanish equivalent.  I would expect the associated Spanish Category to have a title such as 'Documentos públicos'.  Is that assumption correct?

Similarly that Spanish  Category 'Documentos disponibles', which has one Download, is associated with its Italian counterpart. I would expect the associated Italian Category to have a title such as 'Documenti disponibili'.  Is that assumption also correct?

The Italian Category 'Documenti I Grado' is not associated with asnything at the time.

Figure 3
This shows that Category 'Documenti I Grado' will be associated with Spanish Category 'Documentos I Grado ES' when saved.  But matbe it has already been saved.

Figure 4
shows that the Italian Category 'Documenti pubblici' is associated with a Spanish Category.And that Italian Category 'Documenti I Grado'is associated with a Spanish Category.
All seems OK bt I am not sure which categories are associated wih each other.  But Associations do work AOKIf you hover the mouse over the language symbol it shows the associated item - see pic

Colin
Colin M
  •