News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sort order icon missing in subheader box

Started by HerKle, 17.02.2021 16:18:38

Previous topic - Next topic

HerKle

Hi,

in the tutorial for frontend options the sort box is shown with an icon indicating the current status of which field is sorted and into which direction (asc/desc).

I am using jd category layout default 3.9 and in my frontend view there is no icon at all.

How or where can I fix this? Thx!
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Are you refering to Standard Subcategories Layout 3.9 (which may show the sort order box) or to Standard Category Layout 3.9 (Which does not show the sort order box)

Not all layouts support the sort order box.  It is only shown when Downloads are shown on the same page as the sorting applies to the Downloads not to any subcats of the category
Colin.
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

The box itself is shown ok – only that icon is missing (tiny black triangle). But when looking deeper into it I found in com_jdownloads/views/category/html/default.php the misleading text in line 334:
// Display sort order bar for the Downloads from the current category when it is an old category layout (< 3.9) in my template override. Simply don't believe the last part of this information. So I found at least the places and added the vars listDirn and listOrder to the classes of the span tags, which will allow me to add the desired Icons via CSS. :-), as eg. in sort field "title":
$title    = '<span class="jd-list-title '.$listDirn.' '.$listOrder.'" id="ordering2">'.JHtml::_('grid.sort', JText::_('COM_JDOWNLOADS_FE_SORT_ORDER_NAME'), 'title', $listDirn, $listOrder).' | </span>';

Thx!
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

HerKle

To complete, if others face the same problem: after adding that classes mentioned earlier, I use them now in jdownloads_custom.css as follows: .jd-list-ordering.asc.ordering a::after,
.jd-list-title.asc.title a::after,
.jd-list-date.asc.created a::after {
content: "\ea4c";
font-family: icomoon;
margin-left: .3em;
}
.jd-list-ordering.desc.ordering a::after,
.jd-list-title.desc.title a::after,
.jd-list-date.desc.created a::after {
content: "\ea4d";
font-family: icomoon;
margin-left: .3em;
}
with satisfying result.

Maybe that this could be done more elegant directly in the responsible javascript function – but I was not able to find it. The string »onclick="Joomla.tableOrdering« of the generated html output couldn't be found in entire jd component. So for me the case is solved.
Kind regards, Herbert
  •