News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Category Listbox

Started by HerKle, 15.02.2021 10:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

HerKle

Hi,
I have two questions when setting "newest" and "hottest" to "yes" in the category list box option on tab "frontend":

1. Which of the many layouts is responsible for the output?
2. How can I limit the number of shown downloads (eg. 10 instead of all available downloads)?

Thx and kind regards, Herbert
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Herbert,
The Category List Box is shown by all layouts.  There is a standard placeholder, {category_listbox}, in the header section.
The List box shows the categories to the defined number of levels but at this time there is no parameter to limit the number of Downloads in the  All, Top and Latest options.  But there is a limit to how many items per page  with the opion 'Number of Downloads to show per page'.
Colin

Colin M
  •  

HerKle

Thx Colin,
in the options I can define the limits for number of days to evaluate a download as new, the number of hits to define a download as "hot" etc. So why not use these data in cat-listbox as parameters? Maybe I should formulate this under "Suggestion"?

Is there the possibility to use these parameters in a template override or is this process restricted to core files?

And: btw: the button "updated" never appears in the download files list, no matter if I updated a file seconds ago.
Thy again, kind regards Herbert
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Herbert
You wrote
QuoteAnd: btw: the button "updated" never appears in the download files list, no matter if I updated a file seconds ago.
When you update you also need to set the "Has it been 'Updated' " field to yes to distinguish between an update and a minor correction to say the description.  This has been in jD since inception  - but maybe it could be reviewed as we have had several enquiries like yours.  Maybe 'invert' the setting so you mark when it is not an update.  Will see what is involved coding wise.  Have added a Suggestion in my name for this.

You also wrote
Quotein the options I can define the limits for number of days to evaluate a download as new, the number of hits to define a download as "hot" etc. So why not use these data in cat-listbox as parameters? Maybe I should formulate this under "Suggestion"?
Yes a good idea to add to the suggestions
Colin
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

QuoteWhen you update you also need to set the "Has it been 'Updated' " field to yes to distinguish between an update and a minor correction to say the description.
Wow! Never scrolled that far down to notice this button. Maybe it would be better located in the tab "publishing details", where all the date' data are located. But thx, I could now check the layout of "updated" button as well.

QuoteYes a good idea to add to the suggestions
I will do so.
Kind regards, Herbert
  •