News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Edit & Upload Page fail - Reinstall?

Started by wolfspyryt, 15.01.2021 19:35:20

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

I attempted update to 3.9 and experienced the 500 server error. I restored a backup and can no longer edit files in front end. The image enclosed is the result for the "Edit" or "New Upload" features in jdownload.
Can I reinstall over the existing installation to correct this?
What is the best way to recover the upload and edit features?
Current version 3.2.69.
www.watchawear.com
  •  

wolfspyryt

When error checking the edit page, I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot declare class JDownloadsHelper, because the name is already in use in /home/watchawear/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 25
  •  

wolfspyryt

When trying the upload page with error checking, I get the following. (see image)
  •  

Arno

Quote from: wolfspyryt on 15.01.2021 20:49:01
When error checking the edit page, I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot declare class JDownloadsHelper, because the name is already in use in /home/watchawear/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 25
Hi,
please check the installed jdownloads plugins. It seems that you have activated the new 3.9 example plugin but also the old example plugin.
Please deactivate both plugins and try it again.

QuoteI attempted update to 3.9 and experienced the 500 server error.
Please read the instructions here:
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Quote from: wolfspyryt on 15.01.2021 20:51:22
When trying the upload page with error checking, I get the following. (see image)

I think this is the result from the interrupted upgrade process. Nobody else has a problem like yours.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wolfspyryt

Thank you for the reply.
I only find 1 plugin Jdownloads example. If I disable, I get same results,
  •  

wolfspyryt

Should I install the 3.2.69 over the existing one?
Also, I noticed in the database, that most of the jdownloads rows had a backup
  •  

Arno

Are you sure that you have restored the complete backup?

Something must have gone wrong here.  ::)

Should I install the 3.2.69 over the existing one?
Also, I noticed in the database, that most of the jdownloads rows had a backup

You can try it but I'm not sure that this can help.
(The DB table was copied by the upgrade process from jD.)

Please can you send me the log file from the upgrade process via PM? This file should exist in /administrator/logs. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

wolfspyryt

I do not see a logs folder or file. Likely because it is turned off in configuration
  •  

wolfspyryt

Trying to reinstall the 3.2.69 version did not help
  •  

Arno

Hi,
as you have write before:
QuoteI restored a backup
are you sure that this backup has restored the DB and the files structure?
Please try to check this. You could also try to repeat the restoring process. Is it an Akeeba backup?

It is not possible that you have a different situation after the restore process than when the backup was created.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

wolfspyryt

I agree that it has something to do with an incomplete backup. I will attempt another restoration.
  •  

wolfspyryt

Unfortunately, I no longer have the backup. It is being rejected by akeeba. So I am at a loss here Arno.
  •  

ColinM

Wolfspyryt,
Do you still have the copy of the database entries with _backup_3_2_69' appended to the names in your database?  And do you still have all the downloadable files  in the jdownloads directory?
If yes then please, please follow the notes in
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
If you do not have the files then it is possible to 'decode' a backup.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

Quote from: ColinM on 18.01.2021 12:22:45
Wolfspyryt,
Do you still have the copy of the database entries with _backup_3_2_69' appended to the names in your database?  And do you still have all the downloadable files  in the jdownloads directory?
If yes then please, please follow the notes in
If you do not have the files then it is possible to 'decode' a backup.
Colin

Colin,
Yes, I have the database with the appended named entries.
Yes, I have 100% of the files.
Thank you for your help. I am devastated that this was broken. Your work has been instrumental to my website and performed very well over the many years I have used it. That leads me to the conclusion, that your software is still the best and this is a result of an unrelated issue. You and Arno are 2 of the best developers around, so let me again say thankyou.
Any additional assistance/help/advice is appreciated.

Terry
  •