News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

404 error after language override for popup

Started by HerKle, 07.05.2019 12:32:08

Previous topic - Next topic

HerKle

• Joomal 3.9.5
  • jDownloads 3.2.64
  • Layout with checkboxes
Hi,
I wanted to translate the popup telling you to select at least one file, before hitting the continue button. I used Joomla's language override and translated the key COM_JDOWNLOADS_JAVASCRIPT_TEXT_1 into my website's language.
When checking the result - after clearing all caches, of course - the popup didn't show translated, but produced the 404 error page. I checked, if the translation depends on which sector is selected (admin+site or site only). The error occurred nevertheless in both.

Please help to fix this. Thx!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD has its own language files.  The relevant language file can be found in <your-site>\language\ For example the english version is C:\xampp\htdocs\jdx38\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_jdownloads.ini
I assume you have loaded down the language file for your site.  It would help if you could advise the language.

As you said the missing language string is
COM_JDOWNLOADS_JAVASCRIPT_TEXT_1

You could temporarily translate it yourself directly in the file  - be very careful!
Please seehttp://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/translations.htmlhttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/languages
A missing language translation is not a bug so I will move this post
Best wishesColn
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

Thanks Colin,

I found that string untranslated in de-DE.com_downloads.ini and gave it the correct German version.
Nevertheless, I consider an error page after using Joomla's core functions a bug. For the language override concept, see eg. https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla.

I try to find that file in Transifex, since there were some other strings untranslated, to finish the job. Regards, Herbert
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Herbert
Your transifex request have been accepted so you should now be able to gain access to the German Joomla language translations.  I will let Arno know as he often looks after the German language and I do the original English.Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

Ooops, while searching anew for the same reason, I found my own ancient post here.

I did now my promised homework and finished the translation of all untranslated strings, while searching and replacing the 'translated' string in question which still was shown in English untranslated.

Hope, now everything works fine.

Btw: what does "unreviewed" mean? Couldn't find to mark as reviewed those already translated strings to finish the process...

Thx!
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The 'formal' Transiflex scheme is based upon one person doing the translation and a second translator confirming.  Broadly speaking that works when there are a group of translators but there is no need for a review.Suggest you PM Arno as he does most of the German  translation.  I generally do the English version where there is poor Englis or a need for clearer English.  And of course usually for new facilities.
Many thanks for doing the translation work

Colin
Colin M
  •