News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads start downloads very slow

Started by pyllin, 08.05.2020 22:05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

pyllin

Hi! Some days ago I've noticed that every download starts very slow. Checked all and didn't find anything... What can I do? Tested lot's of things without change...

Downloading with direct link starts inmediatly, please help! Thanks.

Joomla version: 3.9.18
Jdownloads: 3.2.67
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •  

josh@thenavycwo

I am having the same issue, I am not using any IP blocking on either my site backend or from JDownloads. I've disabled almost everything I can think of to fix this: logging, directory monitoring, hotlink protection, block without referrer is off.

JDownloads: 3.2.68
Joomla: 3.9.19
  •  

ColinM

HiCould you give me an idea of the time delay please. Is it say 5 seconds?Does it apply to all user groups or just some user groups?

Have you perhaps set a delay in User Groups Settings - Group Settings or User Limits?
You may have a large logfile that is causing a long search time.  In the jD System plugin there is the possibility to set the maximum size.(For jD3.9 series we have revised this to keep a maximum number of days of log entries tyically 93 days as that is all that is required for various mudules and the like).
ColinPS will send you a PM (private message for site info)
Colin M
  •  

josh@thenavycwo

25-60 second delay. 

I have upgraded to the 3.9 Beta in an effort to resolve and experiencing the same issues. Happens to all user groups.Verified no user limits set.
  •  

ColinM

Hmm! That is a long delayDid you send me site details?Colin
Colin M
  •  

josh@thenavycwo

Quote from: ColinM on 15.07.2020 21:49:56
Hmm! That is a long delayDid you send me site details?Colin

Just sent.
  •  

Ingwio

And what was the reason? For me, the downloads run very quickly for all user groups, except for guests. It sometimes takes 10-15 seconds for something to happen.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sounds to me as if you have set up a delay for either the Public or the Guest User groupsPresume it happens for all Downloads not just specific Downloads
Please check User Groups - Group Settings-Activate Waiting Time  and also the content of 'Waiting Time Message'
Colin
Colin M
  •  

MejoresMadrid

como esta eso? sigue funcioandno?¿
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I translated your message as "how is that is it still working?"
Could you explain a little more please  ¿Podrías explicar un poco más por favor? (translated via Google Translate)

Colin
Colin M
  •