News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error 500 after upgrade

Started by pranky, 07.12.2020 10:14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

pranky

hello

I've upgraded Jdownloads from 3.2 to 3.9.7.2.
I created the 2 directories /downloads and /downloads/tempzipfiles (chmod 777) but I on frontend I have this error:

500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17

If I check download area it tells that the main folder doesn't exist

Please what can I do to fix this?

thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi

From what you describe it sounds as if folder jdownloads in the root failed to get created or perhaps has insufficient priveleges (chmod)
First please look at Joomla! System - Global Configuration - Server tab option 'Path to Temp Folder'  This will  point to your Joomla 'base' directory with /tmp added at the end

Now in jD Options - Path Settings tab - Upload directory path.  This should be "Joomla 'base'  directory with /jdownloads added at the endCheck the chmod of that directory.
Also could you please advise which database  and its version your site is using.  You need either MySQL 5.7+ or Maria DB 10.2+ or PostGreSQL 9.5+Colin
Colin M
  •  

pranky

well...

I solved simply restoring a backup made on a copy of the site in a subdirectory where the upgrade had been successfull.

(Anyway the settings where the same on both site...  :o I really do not understand)
  •  

gpraceman

I am in the same boat.  It seems that I missed the database version requirement (I have MySQL 5.5), yet the upgrade to jD 3.9 was able to go through.  I'm trying to see if I can get my host to upgrade MySQL.
  •  

gpraceman

Actually, my host says I am running MariaDB version 10.4.12.  I'll create a separate thread on my issue.
  •