News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

JDownloads stopped working after updates [solved]

Started by pedders, 05.12.2020 17:23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

pedders

I'm not sure what caused it but recently I updated my Joomla website, as well as the JDownloads plugin, and now whenever I go to the JDowloands page I get the following:

QuoteIf difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17

Nothing else has changed on the site or the host.
If I try to create a category I get:

QuoteWarning
Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\Folder::create: Could not create folder.Path: /cat

The folders I have checked all have 755 as the permission level so I'm stumped as to why it's stopped working.

Also when i run a Full Scan i get the following error:

Error! Upload root directory does not exist.
Please create it with an ftp program such as FileZilla and use that to set the directories access right to CHMOD 0755 - otherwise jDownloads will not work. See FAQ for more on setting file access rights.

Yet again nothing has changed except updating joomla and the extension, on both of my sites and I'm getting these permissions errors, everything worked before.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you say you updated the jDownloads plugin which plugin did you update or do you mean you updated all of jDownloads?Which version of jDownloads are you at now and what was the previous version?
IOt sounds as if the jdownloads directory is missing! but see PM I am about to send in a minute or two
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pedders

I don't know what happened, but it appears that after checking the folder permissions which were definitely 0755, have been ever since starting the website years ago, and changing them to 0777, then back to 0755 its all started working again!
Thanks anyway...
  •