News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Link file to an article with direct link in the article for download

Started by web777, 11.11.2020 23:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

web777

Hi,

It's fine to have categories and to provide files to be downloaded for the website's visitors. However, there's currently not link between articles in Joomla and files.
It would be great to be able to link an article in Joomla to a file to be downloaded, also with a link (and possible icon) on the top of the article, right next to the "email" and "print" links of the article.

Thanks ;-)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
but you know that you can use the jD content plugin (together with the jD editor plugin) to place Downloads and more directly in an Joomla article?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

web777

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, I know. But my request is not to integrate a file in the body of the article, but to link an article to a related file and to have a link in the header of the article.

Furthermore, regarding the categories, these are a completely separated from the category structure of the articles. I would be great to have the possibility of a "match" between both category structures, or simply to reflect the category structure of the articles.

Rgds,
web777
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteYes, I know. But my request is not to integrate a file in the body of the article, but to link an article to a related file and to have a link in the header of the article.
You can select for the plugin a pure link layout and place the placeholder on the top (directly under the article title). Only as example.

QuoteFurthermore, regarding the categories, these are a completely separated from the category structure of the articles. I would be great to have the possibility of a "match" between both category structures, or simply to reflect the category structure of the articles.
Could you post maybe an example (screenshot)? I understand not exactly what you want to do here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The layout you need to specify is one called 'Files link only'Please also see articlehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules
You can also specify the default layout fot the content plugin in Options - Content Plugin tab
Colin
Colin M
  •