News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Fornt-end moules herf are not being assigend to the menu/catgore

Started by ibrahim, 08.10.2020 20:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello, IS there any solution to fix Front-end modules herf is not being assigned to the menu/category
This issue was also on v3.2 all modules on front-end Also won't show in Breadcrumbs

I will PM ColinM with a screencast.
  •  

Arno

Hi Ibrahim,
I understand not what exactly you mean?
Maybe can you upload a pic?
Or can I see it on your test installation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When I looked at your site I could see the breadcrumbs - please see pic
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Hello, I don't speak about breadcrumbs.
Just try to open any item from front-end modules. It has never been assigned to category or menu.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I really do not understand what you mean.  Could you perhaps do a step by step illustration to reproduce the problem
you originally wrote
QuoteIs there any solution to fix Front-end modules herf is not being assigned to the menu/category
I just do not understand the connection between a 'module' and it being assigned to a menu or category :(

All your front end items seem to be in a module table as images with a link to the Download
The whole structure is nicely arranged in a grid Each column is a table and each row has a single cell with an image and a link to a Download.None of these are related to a menu item as they do not need to be.  jD only comes into it when the Download is displayed. 

At that point the browser shows "All Downloads|<Site Name>"
From that I assume you have a jD menu item All Downloads
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Hello ColinM!
Can you please remove my site name in the last replay?

You know it's my mistake that didn't check your demo. I can see the file name show on browser titles as

On the demo it shows:
jDownloads Demo Installation - File only for Examples_7

On my site:
VirtueMart Extensions
It will show just the last category. I will try to check SEO Extensions that are installed on-site.

Thank you very much for helping!
  •  

ColinM

Ibrahim

Have modified as requested - pleased to help

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@all
I have modified the module link handling in the coming version 3.9.7 a little bit. So it should now work as expected in most cases. See it on our demo installation (and the new created Single Category menu item). 

Ibrahim use on his website not a public All Categories menu item but instead a system url menu item which only linked to the hidden jDownloads menu item. This is the reason for him basic problem with the 'Extension' menu item.

But only my opinion.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Dear Arno! I didn't understand what's new on the demo!
QuoteOn the demo it shows:
jDownloads Demo Installation - File only for Examples_7

On my site:
VirtueMart Extensions
Are you talking about browser titles?

or
QuoteHello, IS there any solution to fix Front-end modules herf is not assigned to the menu/category

I was in the demo there are no modules and on single category! What's new.

Because both problems are still on my site., also about items title on browser won't show the download title just category. the test site is still without any 3rd SEO extensions.

I will PM login info.
  •  

Arno

This is new. See pic.

It is the result with 3.9.7 (still not published but already tested with your old test site). It has worked on this old test environment after I had removed all your exists override modules.

It exist only a problem with your special 'Extensions' menu item. Read above why.

EDIT:
By the way, you can test it self on our demo website. Login as admin and add what you want to test.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ibrahim

Hi Arno!
QuoteThis is new. See pic.
Yes, I saw it now, please update me with new modules, as you saying this been solved on the old test. If yes I can get from the daily backup.

QuoteIt exist only a problem with your special 'Extensions' menu item. Read above why.
I have 4 categories as top-level, it works ok, but contacted Cline to see why there are 2 categories not on the Listbox. I will send you the screencast PM.
  •  

Arno

Ibrahim,
QuoteI have 4 categories as top-level, it works ok, but contacted Cline to see why there are 2 categories not on the Listbox. I will send you the screencast PM.
When you have a problem with the categories listbox so please create for it a new topic.

Quoteplease update me with new modules
You have already get this via PM.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •