News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Cannot update 3.2.69 to 3.9.6

Started by boboman, 05.10.2020 09:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

boboman

I have 2 web sites, both with a backend databases running MySQL 5.6.41-84.1 versions. 1 web site is running 3.9.4, this updates to 3.9.6.
The other website running jdownloads 3.2.69 will not update directly to 3.9.6. The attached error is received which says I need to update my database to MySQL 5.7+. I could not find 3.9.4 on the downloads area, to install that first then update to 3.9.6
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you do not need the version 3.9.4. Also with this version will you see the same message.
Please resd the upgrade notes here:
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9

Have your both web sites different database versions?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

boboman

Arno,

Both web sites are using Mysql 5.6.41-84.1.
The system running Jdownloads 3.9.4 was successfully updated to 3.9.6
The system running Jdownloads 3.2.69 errors and will not update to 3.9.6 (error Please contact your web host to update your Database version to at least version 5.7)
Neither systems are above 5.7 but one upgrades?
The hosting company currently has no option to upgrade the database to 5.7

Regards,

Adrian
  •  

Arno

QuoteNeither systems are above 5.7 but one upgrades?
This is a normal result. The db check is only started when an old 3.2.69 version shall be upgraded.

In your case you have on the first installation run the upgrade with a version between 3.9.1 and 3.9.4. To this time it was possible to try the upgrade also when an older database version was use. But some users had problems with it. So we have change the requirements with version 3.9.5.

When you want I can you send a special version where this db check is not active. But I cannot give any support when it should not work as expected. So it is your risk. Create always a backup before you try it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

boboman

Arno,

I would appreciate it if you could send a version without the DB check. I appreciate the support position.

Regards,

Adrian
  •  

Arno

Hi Adrian,
I will send it in a few minutes as PM.

Note:
the problem with older DB versions is, that some special settings must be exist to make an upgrade successful.
But this is not given by every hoster. So we had to add this db check.

Edit:
The user above could successful upgrade on the version 3.9.6 now.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •