News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to put monthly download limit in sub- category

Started by nishantsharma, 24.09.2020 11:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

nishantsharma

Hello there, In user group settings,

I have Registered group and it have  four different Categories (Cat 1 , Cat 2 , Cat 3, Cat 4). All the categories and Registered group has same Ranking . I want to put different number of monthly download limit on all the categories (like Cat 1  = 5, Cat 2 = 15 , Cat 3 = 20 , Cat 4 = 50). I want that if a user selects a category, then that category works and applies restriction to it. Make sure that user downloads the document of that particular category that he has selected.         

Thanks !!!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
this seems me to be a settings challenge and I'm not sure that it is exactly so possible.

I hope that Colin can tell you more about this. He is the PRO about questions to jD user rights and settings.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First create 4 separate User Groups each with Registered as its Parent.
The second thing is that each user Group must have a different Ranking Say 121, 123, 125 and 127 as otherwise jD will always pick the same user group settings.
You can then set up each user Group how you like.
Obviously you need to assign the relevant Users to the appropriate one of the new user groups.  This is a chore initially but not so much of a problem when ongoing.You may need to advise users that they need to be 'confirmed' or similar.
It is also quite possible to set each Category so that only users from o a pat=rticular user group can downl but that all the categories can be seen.

I will also send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •