News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Slow backend for jDownloads [Solved]

Started by infonet36, 23.09.2020 12:57:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Alain
Good Info!

jD Does not support the so called 'invisible Captcha' plugin but it does support the CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA one ok.

Is your adminstats module using position 'jdcpanel' or position 'cpanel'?

Is your backend administrator template Isis or Hathor?  Not sure if we checked out AdminStats in Hathor!!

Thanks

Colin
Colin M
  •  

caribert2

Hello to all

Colin

jD does not support the so-called "invisible Captcha" plugin but it does support the CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA.
Yes.

Does your adminstats module use the "jdcpanel" position or the "cpanel" position?
cpanel

The administrator model is Isis.

The problem of slowness seems to be caused by the following request.
Duplicate queries: #33

SELECT a.*, u.name as created_by_user_name, u.email
  FROM `suj_tags` AS a
  LEFT JOIN suj_users AS u
  ON a.created_user_id = u.id
  WHERE `a`.`access` IN (1,1,2,3)
  AND `a`.`parent_id` <> 0
  AND `a`.`published` = 1
  ORDER BY `title` ASC, a.title ASC
  LIMIT 20

Originally to "save time" I had tried a global reinstallation of the old site hosted elsewhere. But the operation proved to be bad, so I preferred a "clean" installation. It is not excluded that some non-compatible data still exist, even if I can not locate them.

Alain
  •  

ColinM

Alain,
Isis is where most testing has been done - so goodCould you see if switching adminstats moduleto jdcpanel makes any difference( I have tested that config but still cannot replicate!!!  so your work is very helpful)

Also if you disable the adminstats module does it affect the delay?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

caribert2

Hello to all,

Colin

I have not given up, but I am also struggling with my own application in reconstruction, so I cannot devote much time and answer with enough seriousness to the problems we are dealing with at the moment.
This should be easier in a few days...
Anyway, as far as security adminstats is concerned, I deactivated it directly from the database, unfortunately this hasn't had any positive effect and it's strange, the problem is upstream...
I searched through the code and found that adminstats is well installed but some curious elements caught my attention.
The config.xml file makes no mention of adminstats and therefore no possible label, while the installation script seems to have been executed normally.
I don't know all the structure of the jdownload code so it's difficult to get a more precise idea of the real cause without spending a lot of time on it.

Alain
  •  

caribert2

Hello to all,

Colin

Do I have good news or not?
I had disabled mod_jdownloads_admin_stats directly from the database. purge all possible caches and no visible improvement on the speed of jdownload backend execution.
By the way, I had reinstalled the jdownload component again and used the latest php version available 7.4.11 but without results.
A few days later to download a new version of a software, I discover that jdownload in backend works quite normally, fast and without display of the stats module. I reactivate the module and jdownload still works perfectly as an administrator.
A "priori" nobody else than myself has access to all the administrative functions, I can't explain this mysterious change. I will see if in a few days the behavior is still stable.

Alain
  •  

caribert2

Probably the cause of this change is due to a network maintenance performed two days ago  by the host.
  •  

ColinM

Alain
That is indeed most interesting.  We had a suspicion it is a site related challenge as despite our best efforts we have been unable to reproduce.
Could you please ask your site people what they did as an upgrade or simiar.
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

caribert2

Hello to all,

Colin

Here is the host's answer;
"As we stated in our email it was network maintenance - so it had nothing to do with your Joomla! plugins.
Most likely the problem was on your designer's end.

Please let us know if you've any further questions, so we will be able to help you out with them."

This answer does not surprise me, it was not a question of finding a guilty  for the anomalies encountered, but to locate the modifications made to possibly prevent, by coding a component differently.
By experience, I know the difficulties to manage this kind of network, and despite all the knowledge it is sometimes impossible to determine with certainty, why.

We won't know more... for the moment.

Alain

•  

ColinM

Alain,
Thanks for trying with web host.
Wonder if they changed php or MySQL or Apache?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

caribert2

Hello to all,

Colin

I would bet for a change of PHP.

Alain  ;D
  •  

Meglu

I have same problem on a clean local install -  WS2016, PHP 7.4.11, Joomla 3.9.24
If I dissable the network card backend work fast, when I enable it backend starts working very slowly.
  •  

ColinM

Meglu,
Thanks for Reply.  Confirms suspicion that jD backend is waiting for a network response from somewhere and then times out.
To aid locating problem:

Do you have Akeeba tools active?
Which version of PHP?
Which of the five Security options are set to Yes:

1. 'Protect your Download Directory'  - default is No
2. 'Activate Hot Linking Protection' - default is Yes. Are there any sites in 'Websites allowed to Hotlink'?
3. 'Block when no Referer' - default is No
4. 'E-Mail Address concealing' - default is Yes
5. 'Activate IP Blocking' - default is No.Thanks
Colin

Colin M
  •  

Meglu

In my case the problem was on the page "jdownloads.net".
When i disable it in HOST Windows file, backend starts working fast.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Good input :)   Understand you have a local version with Xampp or similar.

That would fit the bill as it would be jD specific and consistent with a time out.
I will look in that direction
Colin
PS will send you a PM

Colin M
  •  

youp

Hi,

Thanks for jDownloads, it's a very useful tool.

I am facing very slow backend for jDownloads too, that is why I dig up this topic.
I am on php8.0/MySQL5.7 hosted with Gandi.

I tried several options suggested here without improvement, especially purge all possible caches and installing again jDownloads.

Does anyone succeded to solve this issue?
  •