News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upgrade from 3.2.69 to 3.9.5: {jd_file} shows nothing

Started by Tom68, 21.09.2020 22:45:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom68

Sorry, I have to open a second topic with almost the same name, because my first was continued by another user and then locked  :(. So, here we go again:

I have followed the 2 step process using the update method, which according to the final green screen succeeded with the "Hurrah" message. This is the good news.

The bad news is, that none of the links to downloadable documents (e.g. {jd_file file==281}) is shown any more on the frontend. I have refreshed the browser using F5 and even restarted the browser with no effect. Using the Inspector of Firefox shows that there is not even any html code, where the former 3.2.69 link {jd_file file==281} was displayed.

I use a simple "Dateien Layout mit nur einem Link v3.2" (file layout with only a single link v3.2).

Any idea, what went wrong and how it can be fixed?

Thanks & Regards
Tom
  •  

Tom68

I think, I found the cuplrit. All categories that I had used to organize the different documents had the status "unpublished" as they had before under 3.2.69. Under 3.2.69 the document links were still displayed. Under 3.9.5, however, an unpulished category seems to prevent a link from being displayed. I changed the status of all categories to "published" and all links are again displayed.

Sometimes you need to be lucky.

Regards
Tom
  •  

Arno

Hi Tom,
it is correct that Downloads from unpublished categories are not displayed in frontend.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •