News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permissions for uploads?

Started by KZQ, 15.09.2020 21:06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KZQ

Hello Folks,

I'm working with version 3.9.4. I'm a super user and can upload files at will however if I logout and come back as a regular registered member I get this message when I try to upload the same file:
"Error
Save failed with the following error: Invalid file type submitted. File upload aborted." My test file is a small jpg I do not understand what the difference might be.
TIA
Bill
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I assume that you are creating Downloads in the Front end
The actual abilities of what a user is able to do is comtrolled by the User Group they are in.
For the Super User UG the default file types are zip,rar,pdf,txt,doc,gif,png,jpg But for the Registered UG the allowed types are zip,rar,pdf,txt
You can of course change these settings, which are in the Group Creation/Editing tab

For more information the article
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/access-user-group-permissions-v3-9/user-groups-settings-overview-2
may help.
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

This is not a bug but the result from wrong settings. See Colin.
So I will move it...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

KZQ

Thank you Arno! I'd never have found that setting on my own.
Bill
  •  

KZQ

Donation Made!
Thank you Bill
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •