News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Where are the file symbols

Started by seaurchin, 13.09.2020 18:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

seaurchin

I have updated to the latest 3.9.5, I added 3 PDF files to the downloads, when I open Additional Data the
select File Item Symbol drop down is empty. I browsed to upload a symbol, after selecting the file name shows next to the browse button but never show next to the PDF file, either in the downloads backend or online.
The previous file symbols show online but are greyed out on the backend. The categories symbols work hust fine. Any body have any idea what happened? Thanks for your help
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The file symbol pics are in  /images/jdownloads/fileimages/ and  /images/jdownloads/fileimages/flat1 and  /images/jdownloads/fileimages/flat2 What is shown depends what you selected in Options - Select File Type Icon Set  in the Files Type Symbols section
Could you please check the settings in that section.

Looking as your pic I see the names of yor Download is something like  "channels_AFMARSMN001$_.wza".I presume that the name of the downloadable file is " "channels_AFMARSMN001$_.wza.pdf"
Will check out names like that.
Colin

Colin M
  •  

seaurchin

•